This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
    Sorry, I suggested the site, and haven't had a problem like that before..
    <cough>yeah </cough>

(Un)fortunately my ad blocking is too good...
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5FADF76D-C1CD-434C-8FC9-922844D8CEF0.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	2376918
      The view from the greenhouse door.

Name:	E56256EA-4452-49D0-A76E-EBFEE4BE0DF7.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2376919
      Some seedlings.... onions, brocalli and cauliflower

Name:	CC03B6E5-E7FF-4921-9E20-0F15DC587BA0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	2376920
      My husband made me 2 of these...... I love them!

Name:	CC611B0E-AAAA-4CB3-B0D4-DF5C47915775.jpg
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	2376921
      Lettuce, radish, strawberries and spring onions. Some eukomis and dascia

Name:	023C86A1-7AB5-43FC-9557-542965B5B2FC.jpg
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	2376922
      Dave

So, finally..... after much faffing 😊

Comment

Carly, now that you've posted them here, could you delete #37 with the photos with the ads please. Just in case an unsuspecting innnocent comes along and views them!
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 23-03-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Carly, now that you've posted them here, could you delete #37 with the photos with the ads please. Just in case an unsuspecting innnocent comes along and views them!
          Spoilsport!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

View from my greenhouse door. Got it glazed now and good to grow

Name:	IMG_1315.jpg
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	2376974

Comment

Rapidly running out of room in the greenhouse.

Name:	71E431D9-B997-4D0F-8002-0500DF6BEFFA.jpg
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	2376999
              Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Dogs View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79225[/ATTACH]
                What are you growing

Comment

Originally posted by carly View Post
                  What are you growing
                  Hi Carly,
                  On the right are Toms and a Courgette.
                  Next, in the heated propagator are chilliest, globe artichoke, and ,more toms.
                  Then there are Kale, lettuce and cabbage seedlings.
                  In the pots are Strawberries salvaged from the allotment. Followed by Thyme and Leeks.
                  At the end of the staging is a tray of Beetroot and a tray of Radish.
                  On the shelf above are Calendula and Brussels Sprouts.
                  The plugs in the potting up station have a second variety of Cabbage. Then there are Sunflowers, Parsley and a couple of Skimmia Rubella.
                  On the floor to the left you can see a couple of Cauliflower in an Autopot system. What is not shown are a couple of pots of Leeks and Onions.
                  On the right under the staging are some overwintering house plants. The new home doesn’t have the room for them.

Since the photo was taken I’ve added a tray each of African Marigolds and Forget-Me-Not.
                  Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Dogs View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79225[/ATTACH]
                    I too use the B&Q compost and quite like it - and that looks like the water barrel for an auto-pot system over on the left hand side. I find them great.

But I'm more interested in that electricial set up on the right hand side - midway along the staging. Is that a heat/light lamp?
                    Last edited by Bacchus; 30-03-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Name:	29B2B450-A9ED-4F93-9A1F-567ED224B0E0.jpg
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	2377049What’s an autopot? The cauliflowers look st about the same stage as the ones I have in polytunnel. I have never successfully grown these and am wondering if you will be moving them outside or when you think they will produce proper cauli heads. I’ve been told the polytunnel will be too warm for them. Photo of cauli today....

Comment

Originally posted by muck lover View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]79284[/ATTACH]What’s an autopot? The cauliflowers look st about the same stage as the ones I have in polytunnel. I have never successfully grown these and am wondering if you will be moving them outside or when you think they will produce proper cauli heads. I’ve been told the polytunnel will be too warm for them. Photo of cauli today....
                        It's an automatic watering system. A bit pricey but is very effective as you can mix in whatever nutrients you want and it's automatically fed to the plants continuously. Last year the yield and size of the chilies I had growing in that system were more than twice that just growing in normal pots.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post

But I'm more interested in that electricial set up on the right hand side - midway along the staging. Is that a heat/light lamp?
                          Oh, the lights.
                          Thought I would try a little experiment. They’re a couple of 30w LED floodlights. Colour temperature 6000-6500K. Intention was to see if they could prevent Tom and Chilli seedlings from becoming too leggy, while in the nice warm environment of the heated propagator.
                          Here’s a link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?C...il_TE_AMZLdp_1

Not a lot of heat from the lights. For that I’m using an Inkbird 308 to control a fan heater. The Inkbird under the shelf, a little further on from the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by muck lover View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]79284[/ATTACH]What’s an autopot? The cauliflowers look st about the same stage as the ones I have in polytunnel. I have never successfully grown these and am wondering if you will be moving them outside or when you think they will produce proper cauli heads. I’ve been told the polytunnel will be too warm for them. Photo of cauli today....
                            Yep, looks about the same. Wanted to see if they over wintered better in greenhouse compared to outside. Also, hopefully get a couple of earlies. Unfortunately the cauliflower down the allotment all got eaten .
                            First time trying cauliflower in the greenhouse. Was successful growing under cover, first in a polytunnel and then in a Grardman ‘blow away’ cold frame thing. But this was when I lived in the very far north of Scotland ie Thurso.

Comment

Well - it was my intention to plant tomatoes along the central bed but there doesn't seem to be much space left...

Name:	20180404_174644.jpg
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	2377081

Those are pretty much all flowers that my daughter is hoping to sell. Strangely I seemed to do most of the work so far.

Comment

Your polytunnel is incredibly tidy.
                                What an enterprising young lady your daughter is!
                                Is it a school project?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X