Wi-Fi Max Min Thermometer?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    Would be interesting to see a combined graph with Greenhouse / Outdoor temperature - showing how the greenhouse lagged behind outdoors and when the equilibrated.
    It would be interesting ... but you will recall that I opted for the EasyLog product which is a single sensor, as opposed to your multi-sensor Arexx one. So I will have to just speculate
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Wunderground amateur site close to you perhaps?

(I have a cheap white-labelled Fine Offset weatherstation which I use for the outside temperatures; when they are on offer they go for about £50)
      Last edited by Kristen; 22-01-2015, 11:46 PM.
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

looks fab Martin, I am glad it is working as expected.

I must say, I did struggle to find this product.

It appears as though there is no competition whatsoever, and that this one, is the only one!

Comment

Yep, still working!

Attached Files

Comment

Hadn't spotted, until now, that it was a Lascar product. Not exactly useful in this scenario, but I use their USB Temperature (and optionally Humidity) loggers.

Stick it in the USB port, run a SETUP (start now, or on button push; log every N seconds, or minutes, and so on) and then it will log data. Put it where you want the temperature logged.

Later on retrieve it, plug into USB port and download the data (and graph it or export to Excel etc.)

EL-USB-1-LCD | Data Loggers

Might be handy for a greenhouse on an allotment where you would like to know how the temperature behaves (relative to outside temperature, for example). Anything where temperature logging is required without instant readout / alarms. (It does have an alarm, but you have to be there AND spot the flashing light!)

Comment

This was a very informative thread... thanks to all

Comment

I need to rig up some shading for my sensor. The sun catches it for a short time around 9:00 am and I get quite a big temperature spike from the black sensor casing absorbing the sun's rays. It's air temperature I want, so I'll have to make some kind of parasol on the sunny side:

Attached Files

Comment

You might want to have a Google for a "Stevenson Screen". I made one out of some perforated drainage pipe which allows good vertical airflow whilst keeping the direct sun off the sensor.

I remember seeing a DIY Stevenson Screen someone had made out of a stack of plant pot saucers (painted white). That might appeal - in a "gardening sense"?

Comment

I remember Stevenson Screens from schooldays. Luckily I won't need to test my construction skills with anything that complex, because my sensor is mounted on the side of the greenhouse with a north-facing wall outside it. This is far from ideal greenhouse positioning I know (although the cucumbers do well on that shady side) but it's a pretty good spot for sensor mounting. I just need to shade from the oblique shafts of sunlight first thing, after that it's in full shade.

Comment

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have any updates on either how this equipment is working or what the current thinking is?

Been looking at the Oregon products but reviews are poor.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I bought a simple weather station, with three sensorshttp://https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRECISION-RADIO-CONTROLLED-WEATHER-STATION-COLOUR-LED-DIGITAL-CLOCK-3-SENSORS/332490340635?epid=1774846526&hash=item4d69f7f91b:g:JNMAAOSwridaNnvP

temperature only but for less than £20 does the job well
                        Last edited by SelkirkAlex; 06-03-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Bit geekish but I'm looking for one which I can monitor off an app whilst not at home.

Comment

Slight off thread, cold rather than heat, so apologies in advance, but has any one got a good recommendation for a thermostat socket along the lines of the one below to protect 0c
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLUG-IN-H...2xGj7sM6kG2Gvg

Comment

Originally posted by SelkirkAlex View Post
                              The two I had gave up the ghost so I've just bought the one you put the link to but found the same one a few quid cheaper, so thanks for the link
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by It never rains..it pours View Post
                                Slight off thread, cold rather than heat, so apologies in advance, but has any one got a good recommendation for a thermostat socket along the lines of the one below to protect 0c
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLUG-IN-H...2xGj7sM6kG2Gvg
                                I've got Bio Green one which is splash proof, will handle 3kw, and can also be used in summer for fans. It's pricey though.

There is a cheaper Inkbird one but it only handles 2.2kw--scroll down https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bio-Green-T...70_&dpSrc=srch
                                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X