Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe next time Jay

No problem veggie 24 foot :O you will have enough brassica's to last you years :O Unfortunately I still haven't had time to put mine up I been doing 6 days a week with 10 + hour days. I want to make sure I have 2 full days spare so I'm not rushing every day

Glad you are making full use of the GH's

Comment

• How many of the successful bargain buyers have built their greenhouses now - and any pics? Tho I'm sure Veggies 24' brassica cage would be hard to beat. I'm still just so impressed by the professional job you did there!

I admit mine are still boxed and I only got round to taking them down to the lotty this weekend. I'm intending to build the frames and bolt them together next weekend - weather permitting.
      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Mine are still in their boxes too. We're having to move and have spent the last couple of months packing up all the garden stuff as well as trying to clear out unwanted stuff from indoors.

We haven't yet found anywhere else so I'm a little concerned I may need to build the things in a field somewhere and live in them!

I'd love to see other people's pics though.

Comment

• Laying some breeze block foundations at the moment - half done. Once I've repaired the trellice holding back a neighbouring hedge I'll get started on the assembly.

Was planning to get it all done during half term, but have been busy working.

Comment

• i bought my for the allotment at 65 pound but was a glass one 6x8.. still not bad as a price....

Comment

• Info For Nannysally

Sally,
              I had some GH parts over & found a piece of 4mm Twin Walled Polycarb. It fits the slots perfectly. I didn't know if you managed to find a glazing pack but this is an alternative if you get stuck. You may have to cut the panels to size but that's easy enough with scissors.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                Sally,
                I had some GH parts over & found a piece of 4mm Twin Walled Polycarb. It fits the slots perfectly. I didn't know if you managed to find a glazing pack but this is an alternative if you get stuck. You may have to cut the panels to size but that's easy enough with scissors.
                Thanks Bm will find some online and buy with confidence now youve tested it out. Cheers
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• No probs Sal. It just slides in the slots, no clips to hold it in so fingers crossed it doesn't blow out.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Silicone the slots first, then slide in, haven't lost a panel since it went up 4/5 years ago. Screwfix do a 4mm glazing pack but its not cheap, worth shopping around.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• If you are not handy with a silicone gun you could always buy a pack of lolly sticks and wedge the panels in with them.

Comment

• 4mm & 10mm greenhouse polycarbonate glazing sheets, clear | eBay

worth the P&P if you order enough.

Comment

• Hi all, just popped back to ask a quickie, does anyone know what height these 8' x 6' greenhouses were to the eaves?

I never did get mine up sadly so can't actually measure myself. Not sure if it said on the box but it's at the very back of the garage so there's no way I can check.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Comment

• Am just looking at getting mine set up. I think it's 206cm.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Sparrow is correct I've measured mine and its 206 to the top of the roofridge.

Comment

• Thank you both very much for replying. I was after the height to the eaves though, the bit where the walls meet the roof.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X