Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    J
    The netting has been attached to the frame with carpet gripper It holds the netting in place on those little spikes. For the record, you can stretch a 10' wide piece of netting to 12' - so it only took 2 widths to cover the frame.
    How did you fix the gripper to the frame VC?

It looks fantastic, I would be delighted to have that. I am going to copy you. Yes indeedy.

My only slight concern is that the gripper will rot fairly quickly? I think you can get aluminium gripper strips, I have a vague memory of seeing these somewhere. I think. Of course I could just be making that up and my mind has just decided those would be a good idea therefore making them real. I must go check.

Very, very good job.

Comment

• Wow,You done a good job there VC,that's the best of them all the same size,they join as one,that's something i cannot do with my two,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
        I think you can get aluminium gripper strips, I have a vague memory of seeing these somewhere. I think. Of course I could just be making that up and my mind has just decided those would be a good idea therefore making them real. I must go check.
        Cheapest 8ft length I could find but they are gold:

Wickes Carpet Trim Strip Gold 2400mm | Wickes.co.uk
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

How did you fix the gripper to the frame VC?
          Cut gripper to size, hold it to the frame, drill holes through gripper and frame and attach with self-tapping screws

My only slight concern is that the gripper will rot fairly quickly?
          Some bits of leftover frame (2 short lengths that brace the back of the GH) have been attached over the gripper using the same method as before!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post

Some bits of leftover frame (2 short lengths that brace the back of the GH) have been attached over the gripper using the same method as before!
            Just the job. I'm really very impressed. Thanks for the pics and the info.

You've got plants in there already?

Comment

• Looks fantastic VC

Comment

• Do you do all this by yourself VC or do you 'get a man in'. If you are doing yourself, get yer coat and pack your case, you're going on holiday. I've got just one 6 x 4 to put up. 😃
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• I'm guessing she sat on someone's shoulders to get up to the apex

VC - looks great, when can I pop over to nose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                    Do you do all this by yourself VC or do you 'get a man in'. If you are doing yourself, get yer coat and pack your case, you're going on holiday. I've got just one 6 x 4 to put up. 
                    I "got a man in", NS. My GH building skills are limited to passing the nuts and bolts, and even then, I get them confused

Originally posted by chris View Post
                    I'm guessing she sat on someone's shoulders to get up to the apex

VC - looks great, when can I pop over to nose?
                    Anytime you like Chris - always pleased to have a laugh with you

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how many glass packs I need for the 4 x 6 greenhouse? I was going to use both my £10 bargains as brassica cages, but our local B & Q has finally reduced the price of their number 2 glass packs to £30
                      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

just gone back and got it for £30. Last one, tatty box but intact. Glazing required was 2 pack of no.2 @£35 each and 1 pack of no.4 @ £25, so a total of £95 for glazing.

I was too tight to pay that, lol. I'll either improvise with polytunnel sheeting or i'll use it with mesh as a fruit cage.

Btw, it wont take polycarbonate, only horticultural glass.
                        Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
                        can anyone tell me how many glass packs i need for the 4 x 6 greenhouse? I was going to use both my £10 bargains as brassica cages, but our local b & q has finally reduced the price of their number 2 glass packs to £30
                        :d.......................

Comment

• Thought it was too good to be true lol. I'll stick with my original plan.
                          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• A while since I been back, been working really long hours and not had much time. Hope everyone is enjoying their new greenhouses

Comment

• Didn't get one!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Really grateful to you Rhys for the headsup.
                                Just been planting brassicas in my 24' brassica cage (3 x GH frames)
                                Are you enjoying yours?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X