Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Do they have many left Chris?
    GG, I paid £30 for the 4x6 at my local BQ, now I can't get the b@@@@y glazing
    Nannys make memories

Comment

Sally, can you put a photo up of the box label please? Might give us some clues about the sort of glazing it will take.

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
        GG, I paid £30 for the 4x6 at my local BQ, now I can't get the b@@@@y glazing
        Just gone back and got it for £30. Last one, tatty box but intact. Glazing required was 2 pack of No.2 @£35 each and 1 pack of No.4 @ £25, so a total of £95 for glazing.

I was too tight to pay that, lol. I'll either improvise with polytunnel sheeting or I'll use it with mesh as a fruit cage.

Btw, it wont take polycarbonate, only horticultural glass.
        Last edited by gardening_gal; 26-08-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Sally, can you put a photo up of the box label please? Might give us some clues about the sort of glazing it will take.
          St took a picture and it says will only take horticultural glass. Only thought it needed poly carb because that is what the salesman told me. Should've looked closer lol.
          Why would it not be able to take poly carb though?
          Nannys make memories

Comment

Why would it not be able to take poly carb though?
            Because polycarb is often thicker than horticultural glass, so the gaps won't be wide enough.
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
              Because polycarb is often thicker than horticultural glass, so the gaps won't be wide enough.
              Thanks everyone
              Nannys make memories

Comment

Sally, do you know anyone who has a polycarb greenhouse who would kindly lend you a small pane to try.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have a pack of glazing!

Was marked at £90 still though so pointed out they were selling them for £20 on Saturday but they'd not had it out then... It was £20 wasn't it?
                  Lovely bloke Richard helped us - theres about 20 left around the UK. Aylesbury, Bristol, Wallesey, Crewe, - he did a check for us. None close enough for me to go and get another pack so I have a spare frame to take back (unless anyone near me wants to buy it at cost)

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                    I have a pack of glazing!

Was marked at £90 still though so pointed out they were selling them for £20 on Saturday but they'd not had it out then... It was £20 wasn't it?
                    £25 I think. £20 for the frame. You got an even better bargain, lol.

Comment

I paid £25 for the frame and £20 for the glazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        Sally, do you know anyone who has a polycarb greenhouse who would kindly lend you a small pane to try.
                        I don't BM, But I have seen polycarbonate on the net in 1mm and 4mm. What thickness would the glass be?
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

I don't BM, But I have seen polycarbonate on the net in 1mm and 4mm. What thickness would the glass be?
                          I'm sure the horticultural glass for the 4' x 6' was 3mm.

There were different sizes in each pack.

I may be going back into B&Q later tonight, if I do, I'll double check (unless someone else can confirm first).
                          Last edited by gardening_gal; 26-08-2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
                            I'm sure the horticultural glass for the 4' x 6' was 3mm.

There were different sizes in each pack.

I may be going back into B&Q later tonight, if I do, I'll double check (unless someone else can confirm first).
                            Thanks GG losing the will to live. Might as well wait for new stock next year I think.
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

Lol, it's hard being a bargain hunter sometimes.

Comment

Only 6x4 left in pontprennau now. £10 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X