Easy & Simple Kite Zip Opener.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy & Simple Kite Zip Opener.

I should write a book with all these stoopid ideas I come up wi................

Anyway the latest is:
    If like me you find it difficult to get down to the ground to open the zips on the kite, try this simple trick. Simply fasten a piece of string between the zip & the top of the kite, then pull the string to open them................I'm still working on how to close them........

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

S'easy BM. You make the string and the zip into a loop, fastened top and bottom of the kite - through one of those screwy things with a loop on top. Haul the string down to open the zip and haul it up to close it.

My additional tip for zips, if you find it difficult to grip the tab, is to thread a Treasury tag* through the hole on the tab. Slip this between your fingers and Bob's your distant relative.

* one of these
    Attached Files

Comment

I had the same thought re the running loop but can't quite picture it. It's not the grabbing hold of the zip that's the problem.............it's getting back up.........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Two things to ease a sticking zip - for metal, run a lead pencil along or use soap on plastic.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Attach a 2ft cane to the zip handle, it will help with both up and down.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            Two things to ease a sticking zip - for metal, run a lead pencil along or use soap on plastic.
            Is there owt I can use on a sticking back Jeanie?...................

Comment

I think VC means a screw eyelet BM

Attach the eyelet securely to the bottom of the frame or the ground, (maybe to a short length of wood hammered into the ground near the zip end). Open the zip all the way to the top. Knot the string to the zip and make a running loop from it down to and through the eyelet and back to the zip. Then you have a roller blind type loop that will unzip or zip up, depending which way you pull on the loop of string.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                Attach a 2ft cane to the zip handle, it will help with both up and down.
                Your a genius Bill. I left the string in place & attached a 4ft cane to both the zip handle & the top of the cane to the string, when opened, the top of the cane threads through the bulldog clip for safety.......................Thanks a lot Bill, you have no idea how much easier your idea has made.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  I think VC means a screw eyelet BM

Attach the eyelet securely to the bottom of the frame or the ground, (maybe to a short length of wood hammered into the ground near the zip end). Open the zip all the way to the top. Knot the string to the zip and make a running loop from it down to and through the eyelet and back to the zip. Then you have a roller blind type loop that will unzip or zip up, depending which way you pull on the loop of string.
                  That's exactly what I meant MH - so glad somebody here understands me

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Your a genius Bill. I left the string in place & attached a 4ft cane to both the zip handle & the top of the cane to the string, when opened, the top of the cane threads through the bulldog clip for safety.......................Thanks a lot Bill, you have no idea how much easier your idea has made.
                    Well bloody hell, can I patent it

It occurs to me that from a distance it will look like you are waving a wand and as the door opens, maybe you could chuck in a quick "Open sesame"
                    Last edited by Bill HH; 07-05-2014, 06:19 PM.
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

It beats me why companies don't cater for less abled persons.

Comment

I find most of my zip pull tags (including clothing ones) break, so I fit a cable tie to it and therefore grabbing that makes using zips much easier. Spraying on teflon helps with `sticky` zips.
                        Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X