Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redser View Post
    didn't think of a humane trap.
    I'm liking these. Might stop the indiscrimate slaughter of my wild birds, and stop the pooping all over the raised beds at school.

(cat lovers, I'm joking)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
      No-one on this thread has yet mentioned some of the legal complexities of capturing and releasing rodents
      Here's a list of those animals you can't release into the wild: http://archive.defra.gov.uk/wildlife...-schedule9.pdf

Comment

Sometimes, just water can be a good deterrent. If they're coming in because it's warmer and drier inside, just keep soaking the soil until they move on?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I'm liking these [capture/release traps].
          Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Here's a list of those animals you can't release into the wild: http://archive.defra.gov.uk/wildlife...-schedule9.pdf
          The big problem I've experienced with capture/release traps (various versions tried with rabbits, squirrels and moles...) is that so far they haven't worked...! In the case of rabbits and squirrels the "tunnel" effect must be off-putting and needs disguising, probably scents off-putting too. Rats are intelligent and very cautious about new gadgets that appear from on high, mice it would appear less so....

Thanks for the formidable list, Two_Sheds.... interesting that rabbits don't seem to be on it whereas Virginia Creeper (which I rather like) gets a bad press. Interesting plant list, sounds like Hallowe'en down on the farm with Giant Rhubarb and Green Seafingers attacked by a Duck Potato.....

Comment

If you think its difficult to entice a rat into a trap, try catching a duck potato

Comment

Anyhoo.

3 mice yesterday, and another 2 today. We emptied the garage today, cleaned and replaced everything: no nest.

The traps are primed again tonight (peanut butter, they're lovin' it)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X