Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I get the clips to hold glass in greenhouse?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I get the clips to hold glass in greenhouse?

I hope this doesnt sound like a dumb question?
    We have been given a greenhouse at the allotment, its a metal framed one, but it has several pains of glass missing and also no clips to hold any glass in.
    Not ever having had one before, I went to B&Q, thinking it would just be a case of buying a packet.....not so. I looked everywhere and when I couldnt find them, I asked at the 'help desk', (or no help desk as the case maybe,) but they just looked at me blankly and told me to speak to the manufacturer......

So can someone give me any advice?

Thanks

I bought my last lot at a Garden Centre but I think I've seen them in Wilkos since!
    Lucky you to get a greenhouse though!!

Comment

Here >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galvanised Wire Glazing Clips x 100 for Greenhouses: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors ... they also sell overlap hooks as well
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Fleabay is a good source as well

Comment

wilko's have them
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thanks - no wilkos that close, but at least I know what they look like and importantly whats they're called.

Comment

I think I have some spare, I will have a look for you tomorrow if you've not bought them by then (can't get in my garage atm, as it's full of junk from house works going on).

Comment

B&Q depot ask for a green house maintainence kit. They do have them was looking at some last week.

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

If you have a wyvale garden center near you they sell them there too.

Comment

There are different types of clips, have a look at yours then check here to get the correct name then just look on fleabay or similar.

Glazing - The Greenhouse People
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I wouldnt know which type - does it matter? (There werent any with the greenhouse as it was dissassembled)

I have just read the page BM - I have no idea of the make of greenhouse. Thanks for sending the link.
                      Also I was just going to buy some glass - not anything in particular......This is more complicated than I thought....

Thank you Chris for the offer.
                      Last edited by northepaul; 14-09-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

The spring clips that hold the glass in place vertically, into the frame are 2 distinct types. In the past I've always used the sprung metal ones but, the last free greenhouse came with the W shaped Wire ones and they seemed to be easier to fit. I don't know what others think!

Comment

erp - forgot. :P As is usual. Have made a note, I def have a bag of them somewhere..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X