Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Polytunnels - Up to 20% discounts (typical im skint)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Polytunnels - Up to 20% discounts (typical im skint)

ive been looking at first tunnels website here and there over the last week or so and dreaming! lol
    looking again today they have discounts of 10, 15 and 20 % depending on what you spend. im gutted as i cant afford to buy one just now.

the one i want would be £1479, today i could have it for £1183. (12x30 super)

at normal price first tunnels seem unbeatable compared to anyone else ive looked at so that really is a bargain for anyone who has funds to spend.

i blame SarzWix for keeping me glued to that website, all those positive comments and ordering one herself

Is that 12 x 30 foot or meters? They are similar in cost to Haygrove if feet. I was led to believe they were cheaper...?!?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

my measurements are in feet.

i have looked at both haygrove and first, both make great tunnels. im not keen on the shape of the haygrove but thats just personal preference based purely on looks.

the tunnel i want from first has pretty much all the upgrades and add ons too at that price.
      crop bars, twin support kit, super upgrade, double sliding doors at each end and side vent on only one side.

i know haygrove have vents both sides as standard but it adds to the price with no option to remove one and save a bit.
      haygrove sell in metres so a similar one would be a foot wider and 2 foot longer but its £1800, £1900 with mesh doors!

both fantastic tunnels suppliers with excellent product from everything i have read so its whatever suits you best for whatever reasons.

for me, the first tunnel looks nicer because of the rounded shape i think, more space and bars to hang and tie stuff too and the double doors i like the idea of.

i think prices are very close and offer similar value for money at normal prices and it all comes down to what suits each of us individually.

i know you have a haygrove on the way VVG and i look forward to seeing pics when you get it up, if haygrove has an offer on when i can afford to buy i might be swayed away from first even though i prefer them myself.

Comment

Their offer went off in April although I'm sure they'll have it again. All these companies do. I prefer the straighter sides but then I'm tall. I did look at the Keder greenhouse too. You get trellis wires in a Haygrove, not crop bars but they are very substantial. I preferred the double mesh sides. I have mesh doors too
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

When your spending this kind of money, the techical specifications are similar. So which you buy tends to be down to personal choice and discount.

I like the fact as indiviuals we have differing preferences. Otherwise the world would be very boring.
          Hmmm, reminds me of a song my mother would sing on visits to Shropshire as a kid.

Little boxes on the hillside,
          Little boxes made of ticky tacky
          Little boxes on the hillside,
          Little boxes all the same, ...................
          Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Sorry woody I just about lived on their website for the last year or so, watching discounts come and go and come back again.

Do what I did, and every birthday, Christmas, anniversary ask for vouchers. Much better than cash towards the fund because they can't then be spent in 'an emergency' It soon adds up, especially if you buy them for yourself whenever you've a spare bob or 2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X