No announcement yet.

Greenhouse Door runner help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's for more technical brains than mine. If I can't sort it with clothes pegs, paper clips and elastic bands I shout for help!

Comment

Sorry Russell, I've search hundreds of goggling images and drawn a blank........looks like a bit of modification might be the order of the day.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Just wondered if you can fasten a bit of plate onto the front of the door then fasten a bog standard wheel onto the plate. Surely there must be more grapes reading this. C'mon guys, lets have some ideas.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I was thinking using one of these....

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...bd65a1_400.jpg

and somehow fix it to the front of the door. The wheel that has fallen off the door fits into a ruinner above the door

Comment

Looks perfect if you fasten it on with either nuts & bolts or self tappers. Might have to think outside the box & maybe look at wardrobe door fixings or the like.

Comment

I could be very wrong here but that looks a lot like a Waltons of Newark GH.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Hi Colin

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at their website and if it is one of there's, then it is an older model. It doesn't look like any of theirs that they currently stock. I shall ring them tomorrow and ask see if they do have anything simlar.

Thank you

Comment

I do hope you're right, Potty! I shall be dreaming of greenhouse door rollers tonight and that is not what I want, at all!

Comment

Then think of eeeerrrrr no better not you might have nightmares.

Good luck Russell

Colin
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking Potty, Oooh , I'm thinking!!

Comment

Does anyone have a Rhino greenhouse?

I strongly suspect after some internet research that mine is a Rhino.

Comment

Russell, I can't tell from the photo what make it is, sorry. I do have a Rhino: it's got Rhino stickers on the glass

I can't help with your missing piece: I couldn't see anything like it on my door, but then I guess it would be inside the workings, not on view on the outside?

very frustrating for you. How about phoning up a couple of manufacturers? They'd know exactly what the bit was called, at least.
                          Attached Files
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sorry Russell, I don't think it's a Rhino. Scroll down to "Assemble & Glaze the doors"

http://igcusa.com/catalogs/Rhino-8x1...structions.pdf

Comment

So by the looks of things, it uses some of the same parts as a Rhino.

I've ordered the catalogue and will have a look when it gets here.

In the meantime, I have switched the door runners so the one that isn't broken now takes the majority of the weight of the door.

In the short term, the door can go back on which looking at the temperatures is a good thing.

I can keep looking over the summer - who knows I might just have to buy a new greenhouse!!! :-)

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Hi, i've got exactly the same greenhouse and the runner for the door has just broken as well - so just wondered if you found a solution / new part (ideally without having to buy a whole new greenhouse?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X