Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Tunnel Temp

Hello

Following a post a couple of weeks ago i have put my ebay poly tunnel up - and i like it!

Not got many plant in it yet but have bought a min max thermometer. Sunday walked in to fit my drip irrigation system and it was 29.5C - hot for march and that night it dropped to -1.5C.

If it getting 30C in march am i going to be in trouble in the summer?
    Last edited by zazen999; 22-03-2012, 05:29 AM. Reason: removing swearing - is there any need?

Firstly, where is your thermometer? It should be in the shade cos if the sun is shining on it it will give you a false high reading. Second, is there any ventilation?

Comment

not unusual for my tunnel to get to 100f. I have a ventilation strip about2ft high along the bottom of one side and doors at either end which are left open although screened with environmesh in the summer.

Ventilation and shading can be key as is the need to keep the soil moist. I use black and white polythene, white side up with a leaky hose underneath. My tunnel is25ft long x 10ft wide.

Comment

Thanks for the replies - The temp went up to 45 degrees today with a low of 1.5! Hopefully a false high and my peas are rocketing on!

Will try to move the thermometer and arrange some shading - perhaps some white netting to allow diffuse light in.

I may have place it in too much sunlight!

Comment

I'm shading my greenhouse already, to stop the seedlings baking to death while I'm out all day. Green shading (it doesn't need to be white)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X