No announcement yet.

Haygrove Polytunnel Owners

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting thread, I'm sure Haygrove are one of the very best, one reason being something not mentioned here but on some other recent threads, that they've now developed a fitted rain-collecting guttering system that actually works and should be storm-proof. Some discussion and pics at
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...enhouse-5.html
    (see Post 45 on Page 5). bb.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Dogs View Post

Love your photo and see you use the same grow bed bags as I have in the greenhouse. Amazing the amount you can grow in a relatively small space. Neat shelving you have there.
      Hi DD
      They have been fabby, they recommend bamboo inserts in the top seams but I cut big lengths of wood and made them even stronger. They can be moved about so at the mo I have loads of lettuce seedlings in the PT ready to be just lifted bed by bed out into the cold frames. As you can probably figure out...I live at the foot of a munro!
      Grow Bags x 2 | Marshalls Seeds

The shelving is home made (sshhhhh) I used lengths of scaffold poles with rope run through the middle to secure them to the existing rings and also to suspend old metal shelf uprights slung horizontally to create shelves. It lets the water run through and also makes it hard for slugs to climb! :-) The scaffold also provides a watering system as drips run to the bottom the full length of the tubes and drip slowly onto the plants underneath!

Comment

Got to see one in the flesh today. Very nice Love the crop / trellis wires and the...erm erm everything about it

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          Got to see one in the flesh today. Very nice Love the crop / trellis wires and the...erm erm everything about it
          Did you go to RHS Cardiff
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

We both saw it and sheltered in it from the rain! Does look really good. The man from Pennard Plants was using it as part of his veggie garden display.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              We both saw it and sheltered in it from the rain! Does look really good. The man from Pennard Plants was using it as part of his veggie garden display.
              Hope there was no snuggling going on...was it warm in there? Just out of interest as I'm wondering how well it held any heat.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

There were enough of us in there sheltering to keep anything warm!

Comment

Good grief!! I just looked at their website, and for the size of tunnel I'm wanting, it's £650 from First Tunnels, or £1200 from Haygrove And at that price, the First Tunnels one includes a door each end, anchor plates, crop bars and base rails, while 2 doors and 'trellis wires' on the Haygrove takes it up to £1500 In fact, even if I added every extra available onto the First one, I struggled to get the price over a thousand. What is it about them that justifies such a huge difference in price?

Comment

I've had a look Sarah, the sides roll up / down to vent the area (as do the tops of the doors), the doors are metal, and sealed units - not sure if it makes them airtight, but theres a rubber lining around the door frame (metal too) - which can be locked open. I priced one up on their site and it came to 2.1k, which is quite pricey! Different anchoring system too, it's all on a metal skirt with rods hammered into the ground.

That said, I don't know why the price is such a massive difference I was wanting to see another one to compare - maybe at a larger show!

(I did go, yep VVG - VC seemed to hunt me down - everytime I ran away she was there, standing hands on hips waiting for me around the next corner).

Comment

[QUOTE=chris;979307
                      (I did go, yep VVG - VC seemed to hunt me down - everytime I ran away she was there, standing hands on hips waiting for me around the next corner).[/QUOTE]

It was the scent of money being waved around that drew me to you
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-04-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I'm not the one with two houses

Comment

I'm not the one with two houses
                          So you were stalking me?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            Good grief!! I just looked at their website, and for the size of tunnel I'm wanting, it's £650 from First Tunnels, or £1200 from Haygrove And at that price, the First Tunnels one includes a door each end, anchor plates, crop bars and base rails, while 2 doors and 'trellis wires' on the Haygrove takes it up to £1500 In fact, even if I added every extra available onto the First one, I struggled to get the price over a thousand. What is it about them that justifies such a huge difference in price?
                            But it's comparing apples and oranges. No plates for anchorage, instead two foot lengths of rod. Not all of us can have a standard polytunnel where we live? Money or not.
                            Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 22-04-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I've had a look Sarah, the sides roll up / down to vent the area (as do the tops of the doors), the doors are metal, and sealed units - not sure if it makes them airtight, but theres a rubber lining around the door frame (metal too) - which can be locked open. I priced one up on their site and it came to 2.1k, which is quite pricey! Different anchoring system too, it's all on a metal skirt with rods hammered into the ground.

That said, I don't know why the price is such a massive difference I was wanting to see another one to compare - maybe at a larger show!

(I did go, yep VVG - VC seemed to hunt me down - everytime I ran away she was there, standing hands on hips waiting for me around the next corner).
                              Poor VC - you're a naughty boy, teasing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                                Poor VC - you're a naughty boy, teasing like that.
                                You'd think he'd show some respect to his elders! He knew I couldn't catch up with him - he's like a whippet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X