No announcement yet.

Propagators

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a propegator for the first time this year, largely to set off my giant onions in Jan and then tomatoes and chilli in feb. It's said you can start toms and chilli off later and they all catch up but I lack the space to do it all at once so needs must. The onion's need to start very early so ensure a long growing period and are not as effected by the low light levels as other things. This month I sowed a few different flower species and golden berry (cape gooseberry) and I am using the propegator again. For my april sowing I will sow stright into the greenhouse and use fleech and heater for cold snaps. Living the in the north of the UK I will keep more picky species chilli and lemon grass etc) on the windowsill.

I tend to sow into peat modules and then prick and throw out the weaker species. The peat pot is then potted on, I avoid disturbing the roots too much this way. However due to space limitions I can afford to really whittle things down, some folks prefer to use as many of the seeds as they can.
    --
    http://gardenfan.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X