if anyone wants them... large double glazed panels

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if anyone wants them... large double glazed panels

I have 2 panels that i'll be disposing of - if anyone wants them they are more than welcome... i'm sure they could be put to good use but the OH is having none of it in her garden!

they're from some sliding doors we took out recently, would exsimate 6' x 4' in size. don't want anything for them just thought i'd offer them up before they get skipped.

ian

Stick em on freecycle matey

Comment

I get better results from eBay AP, (lots of timewasters on Freegle) ~ list it for a penny.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Or get the tools out and promise "The Most Beautiful Cold Frame in the World" for a Valentine's present.... ?

The Most Beautiful Cold Frame in the World | First Root Farm
        Attached Files

Comment

Aye but she's seen my raised beds so don;t think that'll help matters! lol

Comment

lol, oh you've blown that one then!

Only trying to help... I'd help even more by taking 'em off your hands coz perfect for the job (and double-glazed, seedlings warm as toast, doesn't come any better!) but you're a bit of a hike away so hopefully the pic and article might inspire someone on a local allotment. Opportunity not to be missed!

It's a bit sad that it IS quite difficult to give stuff away these days.... I find that even with giving veg to (non-loti) friends... you have to grade, wash and package it to look like it's from Sainsbury's or they think they're doing you a favour. The saddest funny story I know on that score (which I have told before on this list) is of a near neighbour with a surplus of apples. He put them in a wheelbarrow outside his house with a notice "Help yourself". When he looked out the apples were strewn all over the road and someone had nicked the wheelbarrow.
            True story, and he never got it back!

Comment

ha yeah, dead in the water. it's not helping that they're making the garden look like steptoes yard!

yep know what you mean.. the general population has been conditioned the standardised produce... there was a programme on 4 a year or so ago about 'the people's supermarket' and they sold product that supermarkets wouldn't accept as it didn't fit with the ideal... they were never short of stock.

depressing... i bet the air was blue when he realised... lock up your wheelbarrows!!

Comment

Ian, have sent you a "PM" if you're familiar with that process on this site. Hope it gets sorted soon.
                bb

Comment

I off loaded single glazed patio doors on Freecycle a few years ago. Also made some "cloches" out of smaller windows. Problem was the weight of the things. They were too heavy really to move around and one fell and smashed the glass. I'd certainly try Freecycle, Ive only been "stood up" once.

Comment

I would ave em but I've already repaired my greenhouse roof with toughened glass taken out of a conservatory.
                    I got them from a similar advert on the vine. It cost me 30 quid to hire a van to get them but they would have cost a lot more for six 8'X2' toughened glass panels if I'd had to buy them.

Hope someone can take them off your hands and put them to good use.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      I'd certainly try Freecycle, Ive only been "stood up" once.
                      I now email ALL the people interested with my address, and make clear it goes to the first person to show up, not the first person who declares an interest.
                      That tends to weed out the timewasters, who then go on my "blocked" list
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Freecycle did the trick, gone at first interest... thanks for the pointers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X