worried

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried

Anybody else who cant sleep, and are watching their greenhouse swaying in the gales?

Nope.

Not because I don't care about my greenhouse/massive tree over garage/tiles on 120 yr old house etc etc - but because it is 1.30am, it is blowing a hooley, and what is going to happen - frankly - is going to happen whether I worry about it or not.

Suggest that you close the curtains, turn up the World Service on the wireless, pour a brandy (or a hot choc, depending on preference) - and if you DO insist on ruining a perfectly good night's sleep, contemplate future strategies to avoid this situation happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      Nope.

..... contemplate future strategies to avoid this situation happening again.

er - that is, how to secure greenhouse against gales etc. rather than becoming some sort of god-like weather manipulator.

Comment

I lost my last GH in November, and this one is only 3 weeks old, and full of seedlings

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
          I lost my last GH in November, and this one is only 3 weeks old, and full of seedlings
          Presumably, given that you lost a greenhouse in November in similar circumstances, you have taken steps to stop a similar fate happening to this one?

If you're that worried, don overcoat & wellies and brave the gales and ferry the seed trays inside.

Otherwise, previous advice re:World Service & brandy/hot choc holds.

Comment

Te he Hazel- you should take up counselling....there are many things I could do with nattering on about during the silly hours!!!

I've worried myself to death in the past about my greenhouse in the wind...and yup, the worst that's happened is 9 panes broken
            ( haven't got one now to worry about)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Winds fine, but my teenage son and his GF are too noisy!
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

OMG!!!!!......(snoring can be a dreadful thing can't it????)
                Last edited by Nicos; 05-02-2011, 04:46 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh yes, shocking thing..........snoring

Comment

Well my Rhino is still there, but pots & buckets have blown around the garden. I wonder how many blowaways have done?
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Everythings Fine this morning, apart from the carnage that used to be my pot store

Comment

Glad to hear it Davy

Comment

Glad it's safe Davy.
                          My blowaway didn't but then it has last years empty growbags over the inner frame in the corners and it's in a fairly sheltered spot. It is listing to one side though

Comment

I was awake a lot in the night listening to bits of roof falling off (the ridge tiles are spalling - is that the right word?)
                            Did worry about the greenhouse but it's fine - and worried more about my 2 mini polytunnels, but they are also OK (though one did move a couple inches across the raised bed, which is not bad going as it is 1.2mx2.4m and has a 2x4" base! - it takes 2 of us to lift it on and off!!)
                            S

Comment

Well what will be will be, as the saying goes!! But my polycarb g/h covering has withstood 2 lots of gales, and still standing! We did secure the base to a strong heavy woodenfloor, and must admit the polycarb sections are as advertised, strong, although they do get a lot of bad press, for us they do a good job, yup they did wobble a bit in November, and the last few days gales, lost any sleep! nope.

paul.
                              Help Wildlife.
                              Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X