No announcement yet.

Greenhouse gutter outlets?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made one for my allotment shed out of a watering can that had a hopeless screw on spout.
    It has been working for a couple of years now. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2376.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	2547329
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      You know you can paint downpipes with Cuprinol to help them blend in a bit better too?

Nice idea Bones.

Q….where does the drainpipe actually end up- water storage container ? We camouflage our containers with heather screen. Could you wrap a sheath of it around or over your pipe to help it blend in?
      Painting downpipes never occurred to me, thanks.
      Downpipe currently runs underground to ditch 2 - 3m away. But plan is to install water storage of winter.

Zen garden is really a 300mm deep soakaway, backfilled with gravel.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Compress_20220614_072345_5895.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	2547335 There is a whole complex culture of Zen gardening and this is shallow pastiche really. Short form: it's a sea with waves and islands, the number, size, and placement of which is significant. Notice gravel rake. I rake the gravel whenever Mrs quanglewangle tells me off. - most days.

Apologies to any Japanese members for clumsy cultural appropriation.
      Last edited by quanglewangle; 14-06-2022, 06:36 AM.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X