Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilko Greenhouse Query

Hi There,

I know I should ask Wilko's but the chances of an accurate and timely response are slim to none. Therefore on the off chance that one of you guys has purchased one of these or one in the same range I am asking you - cos I trust you more!

Greenhouse Double Door 10 x 8ft at Wilkinson Plus

I've convinced my wife that this would be a good purchase (some job that). I want to place it on a concrete base at the foot of our garden.

My questions are thus:

1. Is this a good sturdy greenhouse?
    2. Are there holes for bolting it to the ground?
    3. Are them peg leg things optional?
    4. Are you pleased with yours?

Finally, if anyone else has any recommendations for similar priced models?

I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks!
    Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

I've got a Norfolk greenhouse which cost £160 and its been up 3 years and anchored to a concrete base and I love it.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I just looked on the norfolk site and they do look good! Cheap as chips too!

Thanks for the recommendation.

The solar vents look interesting, can't see any manual ones on there!

Comment

So no one has a wilko one?

Comment

nope can't afford such luxuries

Comment

I have a 6 x 8 greenhouse from Focus. Madmax bought it for me a couple of years ago when it was on special offer (okay so I nagged loads) think it cost about 140 quid.

It was put up a year ago Easter time and finally drilled and bolted earlier this year. It is great - no auto vents or anything. My only recommendation for greenhouses would be to buy the biggest you can afford and have space for.

I have read that the polycarbonate sheeting can pop out in high winds.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

hmm, that is a consideration - it gets very windy here. Having said that the palram 2 x 6 one from B&Q has stood up to the elements very well.

I want an 8 x 12, but my wife will be extremely disappointed in me if I get one that big (even though I need it to feed her insatiable cherry tom habit).

Thank you for the replies.

Comment

lots of duck tape on the top and bottom of the polycarb sheeting

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                  I have a 6 x 8 greenhouse from Focus. Madmax bought it for me a couple of years ago when it was on special offer (okay so I nagged loads) think it cost about 140 quid.

It was put up a year ago Easter time and finally drilled and bolted earlier this year. It is great - no auto vents or anything. My only recommendation for greenhouses would be to buy the biggest you can afford and have space for.

I have read that the polycarbonate sheeting can pop out in high winds.
                  Mine has been ok its been through Hell and High water and all panels are still entact!
                  The only way they will pop out[by design] is if you leave a door or window open during high winds.
                  The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I am leaning towards norfolk.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X