greenhouse defence

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenhouse defence

hi i need advice my 4x6 polycarb gardman greenhouse which i put up last year is taking some battering over the last few weeks, i have already had a pane fall through luckily in to the greenhouse,it is not secured to the ground but set on concrete,my greenhouse staging has bent legs now due to that bad night with the gales!! has any body got any tips on keeping it more secure and insulated as i am worried that it might take off!! my partner says it wont but the panes might blow away,so i tripled the clips securing the panes and that seems to have worked a bit any more tips would be really appreciated as i love my little greenhouse and want to keep it safe awww
    joanne geldard

You could either screw it to the concrete base, or you could put some concrete on each corner to stop it moving but this wont look very nice.
    If you decide to screw it to the base and it is close to the edge of the concrete you could always use angle brackets to bring the screw hole in a bit.

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I'm still waiting for No 1 son to come round and secure mine to the concrete. It's moved about as far as it can without actually flying over the wall.

Comment

I used shield anchors to bolt mine down - seems to have done the job.

I expect that some masonry wall plugs and decent screws would be just as good.
        Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

In terms of insulation, I use net curtain wires attached to the inside of the frame along the lengths of the green house then drape bubblewrap along the inside against the glass.

The curtain wires hold the bubblewrap in place. The bubblewrap help's to insulate.

Its also cheap.
          http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Get some of these, Fischer Universal Frame Fixings 10 x 185 10 Pk - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys
            Frame Fixings drill thru the bottom of the greenhouse into the concrete then hammer these strainght in.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X