• Show
Clear All

Hi Sparrow - in the post for you today
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Got my seeds Thank You.x

Comment

Hi Vix,
        I'm away from my spreadsheet at the mo. (Dogsitting) off the top of my head the Esmarald cuke and Rouge gif pumpkin would be v welcome. I'll check the lettuce stocks but think that there are probably enough of those in there, pending another supermarket crisis. I'll pass on the rocket and the aubergine - kudos to the seed company for a new name for Black Beauty! ;D
        Perhaps the others would be good for a more general swap?
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I know it's none of my business but would it not be easier for Grapes to look at the lists first then if what they have is on the list , post them as a separate swap, if they are not on the list then offer them to the VSP. Just a thought.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

BM

again it is not my business too. but want to share a thought.

If VSP do not want them, probably many do not want. before anyone make 50 posts, new growers start buying basics. and particularly squash seeds loose viability over years. I recieved very old packet of marrows on earlier swap from which I couldn't grow any..so better to mark the old seeds as well and give them away as free with order if possible.

Comment

I can't see anyone wanting free out of date seeds or they would ask for them.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think there's merit in Elfeda's suggestion - I'd rather that they were grown than they languish in my flat, and out of date seeds will likely have some viability, if not as much as when they were first packed.

It's the first year of the VSP being run differently and it probably needs a little time for people to get used to it. If all the sections start to have more of the rarer seeds and less of the ones from the front of magazines it might have a healthier exchange rate...

As for posting great long lists - I don't mind if people aren't sure about what they are offering. They will have taken the poster ages to have have typed out properly, the least I can do is to respond properly.

Am not saying this applies to everyone, but I can vividly remember how exotic I thought some things were, and how crestfallen I was when I realised they really were pretty common.

Comment

BM - I did cross-check against the list, albeit not 100% thoroughly

As Sparrow pointed out, they do have a knack of creating new names for the same thing!

Sparrow, I won't do anything until you've had chance to check your spreadsheet (I can't function without mine) - absolutely no rush. Thanks

Comment

Cheers Vix. I have laptop issues (trying to transfer an MSOffice licence from a dead laptop to this newer faster one) so while I can mess about on here, I can do nothing with spreadsheets till it's fixed. Unless it's on Himself's computer, which is where I am not. Back home properly on the weekend.

Comment

Think I might join this next year just to add a bit of commonsense
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                        Think I might join this next year just to add a bit of commonsense
                        There's several seed circles up and running already that you may be interested in?

Comment

Hi Sparrow - was wondering if my seeds have got to you? Thanks, HH
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Morning HH - they did, but Himself's postal filing skills need help. While I was off dog sitting he reorganised things. I have now reorganised them back.

Your seeds are winging their way to you in the post as of this morning.

Comment

Thanks Sparrow - that's brilliant! I too suffer from an OH with filing issues - mine adopts the flat floor/desk/any available space method......
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Yes, that's the one! Your seeds were under some Captain Beefheart. *shudders*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X