This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
    If Sparrow can stretch her bounty then 4 bags, each with around 10-15 seeds in.
    I think I have 60 beans covered without any problem, the toms are all bagged up and just waiting for the beans to dry out and be bagged up.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
      I think I have 60 beans covered without any problem, the toms are all bagged up and just waiting for the beans to dry out and be bagged up.
      I've only received 3 lots of tom seeds yet, so no rush!

Comment

Good - I've 'misfiled' my bags...more on order now, but they won't be here before the weekend.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Taff also has sent a PM...she has Cobra, CFB and will be sending with the toms.

Comment

^^^^^ Is that 5 bags required now?
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

^^^^^^^yep

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                ^^^^^ Is that 5 bags required now?
                Don't panic if you haven't got quite enough seeds, just put a couple less in each bag

Comment

Quick check before I trot off to the post tomorrow - my beans, toms and chillies all go to Scarlet who will be a seed hub fairy and send things back out? Or am I sending beans to NG separately? I don't mind which way it is, but I am confuddled. Seeds are all ready, labelled and ready to wing their way elsewhere from here!
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

To meeee, t'will save on post

Comment

A big thank you to Scarlet for playing piggy in the middle for this circle. Seeds should hopefully be with everyone soon

Comment

I'm super excited with the seeds NG can't wait for Spring!

Comment

Seeds arrived today, thanks everyone, I am thrilled

Here is a picture of Hinrichs Riesen to show you how the pods turn from green to ripe. As long as they are green, they are still stringless and perfectly edible even with unripe seeds inside (well, they need to be cooked first of course). I love the added bonus of seeds when eating the pods! It's only when they start to turn yellowish on the plant that I leave them for seed saving. Don't let the odd online source saying they have flat yellow pods confuse you, they must have mixed up some of their information, they are neither flat nor yellow.

This East Friesian variety has been mentioned in 1889 but is so traditional that it's probably much older. There are some similar ones like "Tant Meti". All the East Friesian heirlooms are very much local varieties, sometimes grown only in a couple of villages, so there was a lot of variation in all sorts of veggies there. The "Kale King" Reinhard Lühring collected some 80 different sorts of kale years ago from elderly gardeners that would otherwise have been lost.

Here is a page that describes the traditional use of "Hinrichs Riesen":
                          ,Hinrichs Riesen‘ fein aufgefädelt

And this is where I originally got them from, some fifteen years ago. I've saved my own seeds ever since and only bought another packet once to see whether mine had changed over the years (which they hadn't).

Buschbohne Hinrichs Riesen | Hülsenfrüchte | Dreschflegel Saatgutversand
                          Attached Files
                          ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X