Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Seed circles are for fresh self saved seeds. Ideally from single named varieties (no mixes) but long established/grown varieties that people recommend are often accepted.

If you feel you have too many seeds as is. Circles are probably not for you. You would probably be best to offer them out to people like the indian seeds.
    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 27-10-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

that's right

Comment

Last bump. Come on you know you want to

Comment

Have you sent a PM to the listed grapes just incase NG?

Comment

Ive sent a cheeky PM to all grapes in the tomato seed circle...they may want to join, perhaps with just one variety and send to me with their tomato seeds. Fingers crossed one or two will join

Comment

Cheers Scarlet. If there's one next year I will be a bit more prepared for slugmageddon...

If you don't have it already I have Cara la Virgen de la Bañeza León climbing beans, which I'll now grow every year. I don’t know much about their history. They are fabulously prolific but slow. The vines do nearly all their growing before they start to think about flowering – mine got to approximately 10ft tall, so you do need a longish season. They produce lots of slim, flat pods, with 6-7 beans in each. When they are young & green the pods are very tasty but they get stringy fairly quickly. As pods mature they develop red flecks and the beans inside are very pretty. The red markings on the freshly shelled beans fade as the beans dry, but the brown hilum markings become more pronounced. They make a great bean for chillies etc. (Pics on my blog here: https://mudandgluts.com/seeds-and-se...aving-in-2015/)
              Last edited by sparrow100; 31-10-2016, 12:02 PM.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

As PM if you want me to jump in with Scarlet Emperor I'm in the process of drying off that the moment, and I always end up with way to many than I need for the following year.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

I'd have like to be involved but not managed to get a significant amount of good quality saved seed.
                  So aim for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                    Cheers Scarlet. If there's one next year I will be a bit more prepared for slugmageddon...

If you don't have it already I have Cara la Virgen de la Bañeza León climbing beans, which I'll now grow every year. I don’t know much about their history. They are fabulously prolific but slow. The vines do nearly all their growing before they start to think about flowering – mine got to approximately 10ft tall, so you do need a longish season. They produce lots of slim, flat pods, with 6-7 beans in each. When they are young & green the pods are very tasty but they get stringy fairly quickly. As pods mature they develop red flecks and the beans inside are very pretty. The red markings on the freshly shelled beans fade as the beans dry, but the brown hilum markings become more pronounced. They make a great bean for chillies etc. (Pics on my blog here: https://mudandgluts.com/seeds-and-se...aving-in-2015/)
                    Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                    As PM if you want me to jump in with Scarlet Emperor I'm in the process of drying off that the moment, and I always end up with way to many than I need for the following year.
                    I plan to do one again next year but it would be nice to have a couple more peeps as it is only 3 of us at the mo. As pm'd (tom circle grapes) you can join with just one variety and the seeds can go via Scarlet to save on postage

Comment

Hi NG. Sorry, I've been very busy and haven't paid much attention to this thread. I originally said I'd like to participate, but sadly my peas and beans didn't do well this year and I don't have any to contribute.

I've also been neglecting to check my Private messages. Just found one from you, NG, about -- guess what! -- the pea and bean circle. Along with some others.
                      Last edited by Zelenina; 05-11-2016, 05:51 AM. Reason: I just read my PMs and realised one of them was relevant to this thread and should have been answered long ago.

Comment

^^^TY for letting me know. Hope you are good busy.

Comment

OK how many packs with how many in will you require? They are decanted on top of the fridge freezer next to the airbrick to dry off as I would not like them to go mouldy in the envelopes whilst in storage, so I'm guessing I will send them with the tomatoes at the end of the month, if that's ok
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Cadalot; 09-11-2016, 07:03 AM.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

They look fab Cad!

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                              OK how many packs with how many in will you require? They are decanted on top of the fridge freezer next to the airbrick to dry off as I would not like them to go mouldy in the envelopes whilst in storage, so I'm guessing I will send them with the tomatoes at the end of the month, if that's ok
                              If Sparrow can stretch her bounty then 4 bags, each with around 10-15 seeds in.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                                If Sparrow can stretch her bounty then 4 bags, each with around 10-15 seeds in.
                                *snorts*

Seeds all dried and being bagged tonight, together with the tomato seeds.
                                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X