This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Scarlet!

As you rightly said my chillies are way off being ripe. I don't want to hold up the tomato circle & don't mind sending those in earlier.

How do you want to split Red buffalo horn seeds - 5 packs each?
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• I didn't think it would hurt to wait until our chilli seeds are done? We won't be sowing these tomato seeds until Spring... but if peeps start sending in seeds now I'll have a quick turn around when the chilli lot send their seeds in.
      It's really upto you. Although last year I think I waited until after Christmas to send the tomato seeds back because theChristmas post is the perfect time for a parcel to go missing.

I think ive probably enough red B seeds for about 8 bags?

Comment

• I'm happy to wait till new year.

Comment

• Yep! In no major rush for mine either!

Bagged the "Rosella" 10 seeds per bag, but still have about 100 seeds left, are people happy to have more in their bag, or would I be better off bagging separately and donating to the VSP once stocktaking etc is complete? Any thoughts?
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I didn't think it would hurt to wait until our chilli seeds are done? We won't be sowing these tomato seeds until Spring... but if peeps start sending in seeds now I'll have a quick turn around when the chilli lot send their seeds in.
            It's really upto you. Although last year I think I waited until after Christmas to send the tomato seeds back because theChristmas post is the perfect time for a parcel to go missing.

I think ive probably enough red B seeds for about 8 bags?
            I'm happy to wait receiving until after Christmas although (if it alright with you) I'll send the seeds within the next couple of weeks (otherwise I'll forget)

Comment

• Yes please send them in Mark, I would prefer to receive the majority of peeps seeds now and get the return envelopes labeled up ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                Yep! In no major rush for mine either!

Bagged the "Rosella" 10 seeds per bag, but still have about 100 seeds left, are people happy to have more in their bag, or would I be better off bagging separately and donating to the VSP once stocktaking etc is complete? Any thoughts?
                10 is plenty I think. If you have any extras I can put with my surplus ready for the VSP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                  Might be an idea for people to label their bags somehow with their vine names (some do it already) so that when growing we know who saved the seeds we are growing ??
                  Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                  Easily done, but it won't make them grow any better LOL
                  No, but I like to know who saved them and even where they came from originally, if possible. For example, there are at least three different varieties of "Green Tigers" - the ones I got from Scarlet were totally different than the ones I got from Australia, and the one described on Tatiana's Tomatobase is yet another one.

I love the stories around them, like for example "Hahm's Gelbe Topftomate" which I got from Poly here, who got it from a nice lady in Canada, but its name clearly indicates that it must be one of Manfred Hahm's collection so it travelled from Germany around the world and back again - isn't that fabulous?

And I also love to be able to report back to, for example, Taff, that I'm still growing some of the ones she sent me when I was new on the vine, or know who I can ask for help if I happen to lose one my varieties for some reason. I have a spreadsheet with all the info I can get for all the varieties I've collected because my memory, well...
                  ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

• I'll give what information I can, I have spreadsheets & things. However, one thing I didn't keep is where I originally got them from, the seeds I'm swapping are 3rd or 4th generation saved seeds.

Comment

• Right then nellie, I've already printed my labels but just for you:

Blush - came from the 2014 A4A seed circle and are a cordon tom bred by Fred Hemple
                      Berkeley Tie-Dye - came from the lovely guy at Thomas Etty in a straight swap for some of my oca at this year's Brighton Seedy Sunday
                      Red Buffalo Horn - seeds from NorfolkGrey in last year's tomato circle
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                        Red Buffalo Horn - seeds from NorfolkGrey in last year's tomato circle
                        which came to me via a head gardener of a convent and originally came from HSL

Comment

• I've found where they came from. Both Summer Cider and Red Zebra originally came from Nicky's Seeds in 2012 and have been saved by me since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkPelican View Post
                            I've found where they came from. Both Summer Cider and Red Zebra originally came from Nicky's Seeds in 2012 and have been saved by me since then.
                            Mark, ive received your seeds. Many thanks love the little pamphlet giving info on the toms!

Comment

• Glad they're with you. Looking forward to the others coming in.

Comment

• Hi Scarlet!

Mine are bagged n enveloped! Aiming to forward them this next few days!

Just stamps to get, been Mental this week!
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X