X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisasbolt
    replied
    Thanks, my mum will bring them out on boxing day with her just in time to sow those tomato seeds

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Absolutely perfect, Lisa!. I'll let you know when I send the seeds to your UK address.

Leave a comment:

• Lisasbolt
    replied
    Your welcome x
    Did i do everything else ok? first time
    Last edited by Lisasbolt; 05-11-2015, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Seeds received from Astraman and Lisasbolt. Thank you both

Leave a comment:

• Ryleh
    replied
    Yeah it kept amusing me how often a google or seed search brought back articles about Lord Sugar or more often tried to sell me copies of his biography

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Looks like "Lord Nelson" is a company as there are other seeds with that name.
    I've been laughing at the translation of "Sugar Lord" as "Lord Sugar"

Leave a comment:

• Ryleh
    replied
    I had a look on there and there is a packet called Lord Nelson "Sugar Lord". I even tried to buy some but the finnish defeated me during check out

Is Lord Nelson the same variety? As I've found those elsewhere aswell

Last edited by Ryleh; 15-10-2015, 11:17 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    The Finnish company in Thelma's reply - post #163 - sell them. We think.

I've only grown sugar snaps once, they weren't bad but got mildew. Hopefully not next year.

Leave a comment:

• Ryleh
    replied
    Did anyone find a retailer for Sugar Lord pea's? I've been looking for these but not had any look so far.

Failing that any recommendations for sugar snap peas that both taste great and are good/reliable croppers?

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Thanks very much for the seeds VC - am starting next year's planning to try and squeeze them all in, even the flaaaaahs!

Leave a comment:

• Chris11
    replied
    Will do, VC, that's the plan.

Just making an early declaration of good intentions

And to let the chilli and tomato people know that there should be even more varieties incoming to think about.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Thanks Chris. Hang on to them for a couple of months and make 50 posts, then you can swap them for seeds that you want

Leave a comment:

• Chris11
    replied
    I should have some seeds to send in further down the line. Got some unused packets for things I don't grow, like cucumber and squash etc.

Also some chilli varieties not already in the VSP and three different HSL tomato varieties also not yet in the VSP

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Oh get you! (secretly v impressed... )

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
    aaah! I missed that somehow, I didn't realise they'd become that rare.

I have 16 Sugar Lord seeds from another seed circle last year. Apparently they are being offered through a Finnish seed company, but I can't find the details of which at the moment and I bet I'd need to know the name in Finnish. Might see if I can grow them out for a circle/swapping next year.
    Anybody speak Finnish? LOL
    Exotic Garden - Herneet ja pavut

Mind you the pkt illustration doesn't look like a thick skinned sugar snap, does it *shakes head*
    Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 08-10-2015, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X