X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veggiechicken
    replied
    If you don't want them, send them to me and I'll decide whether to add them to the VSP or not.
    I'll probably be running a Lucky Dip giveaway of older seeds soon There's always somebody who wants them!
    PM me when you're ready and I'll give you my address.

Leave a comment:

• cptncrackoff
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    There's no such thing as a silly question - only silly answers
    ..I thought it was silly people!?

Thanks VC, with the older seed, I have things like lettuce, chilli's, cauliflowers..some flowers all 2013,2014,2015.. would I send what I have and let you decide or mention the exact varieties/ dates in the PM to avoid wasting your time!?

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
    Hi!
    I'd like to just give a massive virtual 'big-up' to Veggiechicken, an unbelievable amount of work here, very admirable!

Thank you
    I do, however have a few questions, and with great fear of making myself look silly..here they are!

I have quite a few sweetcorn seeds that are treated with fungicide, are these excluded from the scheme? - I would be fine growing them, but I understand everyone is different!
    There are treated seeds in the VSP already. -
    I have quite a few packets of seed that are 'plant by 2014' 'packed in year 2014'.. as these are old, should I avoid sending them? - I personally would still use them but I wouldnt want to disappoint!
    Packed in 2014 is OK.
    Use by 2014 depends on what they are. Eg Parsnips are no good, tomatoes and peppers will be. I have regular clear-outs of old seed

Can I send whole, unopened seed packets?
    Yes. If it comes in unopened, I give it away unopened.

I have a tub of around 400 tomato seeds, self saved seed that the kids mixed. I know that in this tub that there are two varieties mixed, I have photos of the two parents, and I'm pretty sure they can be identified, but being mixed..are these no good for the VSP, am I better just giving them away?
    Bit difficult to put in the VSP without a name, as there are lots of named ones looking for homes. Best give them away.
    Thanks.
    There's no such thing as a silly question - only silly answers

Leave a comment:

• cptncrackoff
    replied
    Hi!

I have been pointed in the direction of the VSP by Scarlet, not a thread I have read before because I was thinking that I wouldn't have anything that anyone else would want, but looking through my seed box, I have quite a few seeds that don't appear on the lists..

I'd like to just give a massive virtual 'big-up' to Veggiechicken, an unbelievable amount of work here, very admirable!

I do, however have a few questions, and with great fear of making myself look silly..here they are!

I have quite a few sweetcorn seeds that are treated with fungicide, are these excluded from the scheme? - I would be fine growing them, but I understand everyone is different!

I have quite a few packets of seed that are 'plant by 2014' 'packed in year 2014'.. as these are old, should I avoid sending them? - I personally would still use them but I wouldnt want to disappoint!

Can I send whole, unopened seed packets?

I have a tub of around 400 tomato seeds, self saved seed that the kids mixed. I know that in this tub that there are two varieties mixed, I have photos of the two parents, and I'm pretty sure they can be identified, but being mixed..are these no good for the VSP, am I better just giving them away?

Thanks.
    Last edited by cptncrackoff; 14-02-2016, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Update :-
    Seeds received from and sent to Skeggijon

Seeds received from Gringo and Jungle Jane/
    Thank you all for your support of the VSP.

Something special received from Gringo - Loquat seeds, inside a dried fruit, sent from France.
    If you'd like to grow these, they would benefit from being claimed asap as I'm not sure what will happen to the dried fruit around the seeds. More about them at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lar_87780.html

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Send VC a PM JJ. She'll send you her address ......

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I've got some packets of unopened seeds that I'm not going to use,can I send them to you so somebody could use them,they're in date? There's kale,2 varieties of strawberries,chilli seeds probably more,I don't need any seeds sent to me though,I have too many they're towering over me! Shall I send a pm to VC for the address to send to? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Update;
    Seeds sent to Ancee yesterday
    Seeds received from Sparrow and Treepixie. Thank you both
    Seeds sent to Treepixie and to Ryleh today.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Seeds received from Gringo, and from Ancee today. Thank you Both
    From the number of requests for VSP seeds in the last few days, I think you're all itching to start sowing

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Seeds received from Ryleh - perfect packaging
    I'll be posting your seeds and Chris11's tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Seeds received today from Gringo and Chris11
    Thank you both

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    That's a nice touch Lisa.................

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Ooooh, I'm even more excited now Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Lisasbolt
    replied
    I know 9 days and counting There is something special in there for you VC not all for the swap

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Wow, Thank you Lisa
    Its going to feel a lot like Christmas when it arrives. I get so much pleasure from opening seed parcels - even when they're not for me!
    The Postman knows where to leave parcels safely, so no worries about the letterbox
    Not long before your "Postlady" arrives with your seeds too

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X