X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Thanks for letting me know they've arrived.
    They're shocking pink seeds Hope we can get some to grow
    I was so excited that I've already put a couple of seeds in a tub to chit
    If they germinate I'll grow them in a pot in the back porch, which is frost-free

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    aaah! I missed that somehow, I didn't realise they'd become that rare.

I have 16 Sugar Lord seeds from another seed circle last year. Apparently they are being offered through a Finnish seed company, but I can't find the details of which at the moment and I bet I'd need to know the name in Finnish. Might see if I can grow them out for a circle/swapping next year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If you haven't voted on the VVS don't read this post!!!

VC???????? Lots of smiles
    I don't suppose you saved any seeds from your dragon eggs?

Leave a comment:

• Elfeda
    replied
    I got my okra seeds coated in pink, for better storage and germination.. I have packed some green cucumber seeds

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Pink seeds were some very old (BB2004) sugarsnap peas (Sugar Lord) that I found buried in my seed box. They've been treated with some bright pink chemical
    Thelma and I are going to try to grow some next year as Sugar Lord doesn't seem to be on sale now. Hope to keep them going.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...aps_86972.html
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 08-10-2015, 11:08 AM. Reason: adding link

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Pink seeds? What on earth are they then?

Glad it all arrived ok. Will be sending a few others in when the rest of the harvests are sorted. Probably on a 'no returns' basis or I'll need an awful lot more seed storage!

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Thanks for letting me know they've arrived.
    They're shocking pink seeds Hope we can get some to grow

Sparrow - your seeds arrived today - with something to sweeten me up Many thanks, I'll enjoy that

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Swap seeds received this morning thank you very much

Loving the bright pink pea seeds

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Seeds received from Thelma Sanders, yesterday, thanks. Hope to send yours back sometime this week!

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Seeds received from Maverick and added to the VSP
    Thank you !!

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Thanks Thelma

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    I have sorted through my seed boxes, and have 8 packets of seeds of various sizes to post, hopefully in the morning

Leave a comment:

• Ryleh
    replied
    Yes I get where your coming from. It at least gives me a better understanding of the process and an idea of what to expect

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Hi Ryleh, this is difficult to answer and it comes down what is a fair and reasonable swap. If you sent in 6-10 seeds from an unusual tomato, that would be all you'd need to have a packet in exchange.
    If you had a packet of a common variety, like Moneymaker or Alicante, and you split it down into multiple packets of 6-10 seeds, but wanted rare tomato seeds in exchange, that wouldn't be very fair!
    When someone asks for a common variety of seed, they usually have a full packet in return.
    Its difficult to lay down "rules" but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Leave a comment:

• Ryleh
    replied
    Quick question so that I know what I'm doing when the time comes that I can take part in this

If I'm sending in a "packet" of seeds is that a full packet or a packet made up to the numbers from the first post?

So using tomatoes as an example lets say if I wanted to request 1 packet of tomato seeds and I was sending seeds for a different Tomato would I just need to send in 6-10 seeds?

Just checking I've got it right I my head

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X