This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing the lurve with the VSP :)

I want to thank all the VSP swappers for sharing their seeds with others. You probably wonder whether your seeds have been claimed and grown on or whether they're still lurking in the bottom of the VSP.
    So here is a little thread for you to post piccies or reports of your successes (and failures) with VSP seeds.
    If you know who contributed them, please say, or I will do my best to find the donor's name and add it to your post.
    If you were the donor, tell us and share the lurve
    Links to the VSP and seed list are at
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...cel_83432.html
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_83433.html
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-02-2015, 09:13 AM.

Luzias Oma tomato - thanks to nellie-m

These are huge tomatoes with wonderful flavour. Very stuffable.
    I'll be saving seed and growing these again next year.
    Thank you Nellie-m
    Attached Files

Comment

Black Icicle tomato - Thanks to Scarlet

Amazing shape and colour - very juicy and a good shape for slicing lengthways in a sandwich. Very prolific too.
      Scarlet said - I had to grow them and she was right. I'll be growing these next year too.
      Thank you Scarlet
      Attached Files
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-10-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Sunflowers from Ancee

These sunflowers smile at me every time I pass by. Thank you Ancee for brightening up my day
        Attached Files

Comment

Poached egg seeds from Mothhawk; Black cherry - lots of donors

Received some black cherry toms. They all took and tasted fantastic. Also got some poached egg plant seeds. These were great a bit slow at first but then boom they took off. Took several batterings from the kids and their footballs and bounced straight back
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-10-2014, 04:56 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Kohl rabi from MoopMoop?; Madeley kale - HSL

I also had some black cherry toms, started a few seeds, grew on three, put two in pots, where they were really not too happy, but the third I shoved in the ground against the runner beans and let it do its own thing, no taking out sideshoots or supporting at all. It used the runner beans as support to grow through and lean on and made a huge plant, with probably 20 trusses, some of which, alas, are still green and I shall have to bring them indoors.

Also had some kohl rabi, from MoopMoop I think. Still have one left that is now football sized, that I plan to use like kale and eat the leaves over winter if it will keep growing. The Madeley kale is lovely, a light, mild tasting heritage one. Only a few seeds left, will have to let it flower next year
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-10-2014, 10:43 AM.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

What a lovely idea for a thread! Did my seed swap too late in the day to grow anything that well (the few VSP lettuce and carrots I planted got munched by the slugs) but I will take notes next year.
              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

African Queen from Michael/USA: Squash N?K

I had various tomatoes, African Queen was one. Beautiful taste, will grow it again next year. Another one we grew was Jack be little squash, just ready for little Halloweeners
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-10-2014, 10:38 AM.
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Jap pumpkin - Donor N/K

I forgot about my pumpkin. Have got a beauty growing and I hope to try pumpkin pie and roasted pumpkin. On the seed packet it just said Pumpkin Jap.
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I grew some "White Queen" Toms courtesy of Mikey...........cheers pal..........they're red.....................numpty.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think Mikey had those seeds from the VSP
                      As long as they taste OK what does the colour matter - fussy beggar

Comment

It's ok, I'll rename them Red Queen................
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          I grew some "White Queen" Toms courtesy of Mikey...........cheers pal..........they're red.....................numpty.
                          I have some seed of white queen from nickys nursery and there are several red rogues in them. Still nice toms tho.

Comment

In that case, please accept my apologies Mikey................

Comment

What a great idea, VC - it will be so exciting to see and hear about all the varieties in the VSP that we haven't heard about before!

Here's one pic I posted last year but they are still a big favourite of mine: Pole bean "Berner Landfrauen", a heritage variety from Switzerland. Beautifully speckled pods are easy to spot among the green leaves, good yield, excellent flavour, and stringless even when already somewhat big! I sent some in so may still be available, if not, give me a shout and I'll send some more, I saved plenty of seeds again this year!
                              Attached Files
                              ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X