This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I have those. If I get a good crop this year, I'll save enough for the Seed Circle. I'm guesstimating about 20 packets? It wouldn't be as many as 50 would it?
    I'll join you and maybe between us we can make 50
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      I have those. If I get a good crop this year, I'll save enough for the Seed Circle. I'm guesstimating about 20 packets? It wouldn't be as many as 50 would it?
      You will be Ms Popular if you do, 2S - these are the best tasting broadies ever!

I'd struggle to get as many as that number of seeds saved, but then again, I've only kept a few pot-sown in the garden each year (a million miles from any other broad beans) to keep them 'pure' rather than the rest grown at the Hill. And it was such a poor year last year, I have none left now.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      There's a packet of Crimson Flowered Broadies (T&M) in the VSP if you want some Hazel.
      Ooh! ooh! Yes, please, VC! I can contribute something leguminous as an exchange - will pm you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
        I would like to join too but think my location rules me out...
        No it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          And now you've piqued my interest as I have not tried any of those beans.
          Gerhard Bohl in Germany has been collecting all sorts of old, rare, unregistered, heritage/heirloom varieties for decades - so far he has found or been given 2800 toms and about 700 beans - most of which you are unlikely to find in any shop today. He doesn't have a website, as it is a private project and not a commercial business, but he's quite popular with gardening magazines over here. He encourages people to save and share (and send some back to him as well) - the toms I'll send in will also be from his list (which is a big e-book by now).

I might have to join in
          Oh you will, won't you
          ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

I'd like to join please.

Season dependant.....at the moment I could save:
            Champion of England peas - realseeds
            Nova sweet pepper - real seeds
            maybe another chilli.....I'm aware of the isolation requirements.
            And perhaps a tomato.....one which was not in the tomato seed circle last year.

We're expecting a baby in april and I'm doing an RHS course this year, so could end up with nothing but at the moment that is the plan.
            The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
            William M. Davies

Comment

I'd like to join and can save sorrel belleville, lovage, salad burnet, and if everybody is already growing these perennials than I can probably come up with some other things.

Comment

I'd like to join, probably peas, beans, tomatoes and/or chillies. I haven't worked out exactly which varieties I will be growing yet though as I've only just finished cataloging what I have.
                A grape from the USA is supposed to be sending me Bedouin and Elmer's Old German tomatoes, which I haven't seen offered on here before, so maybe those. Also I'll try getting enough parsley peas to share. There wasn't enough for the pea and bean circle this year, so maybe I'll be able to increase the numbers.
                Last edited by BarleySugar; 20-01-2013, 07:54 PM.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                  No it doesn't.
                  In that case, will have a go...Probably chillies of Mila's Bulgarian and Choc Miniature and tomatoes of Manitoba and Jubilee if that's OK?
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

And me please - not sure what I'm going to do but probably beans, toms or a lettuce.

Comment

Iss it too late for me to join.?
                      http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

No course not - people can join up til the moment the seeds are being sent out!

Which will be in about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                          I'm in too and hope to save from beans, peas and tomatoes. I'm also going to be adventurous and try to save from a chilli pepper "Lemon Drop" with the glue method, if someone will teach me
                          I'm also trying lemon drop chillies, but 2 others too so I don't know if I can save the seeds.
                          Is the same true of squash too? I can try and bag them or whetever technique is relevant.

I am going to try and save miniture white cucumbers, root parlsey, pasion pink chard and telephone peas and scorzanera. Although it's my first time growing so I don't really know if I'll have enough. Being optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit View Post
                            I'm also trying lemon drop chillies, but 2 others too so I don't know if I can save the seeds.
                            Is the same true of squash too? I can try and bag them or whetever technique is relevant.

I am going to try and save miniture white cucumbers, root parlsey, pasion pink chard and telephone peas and scorzanera. Although it's my first time growing so I don't really know if I'll have enough. Being optimistic.
                            Root parsley, chard and scorzonera are biannual. So they won't set seed until next year.

Miniature white cuckes, unless you have only that variety in a greenhouse will cross, and peas are self fertile which means they don't cross. So I'd stick with those 2 for now and see how it goes with the other three for 2014.

Comment

I'll join as well, please. Don't know what I'll put into the circle, it'll depend on the weather. Thinking Black Futsu squash and Daniel's Defiance RBs. Perhaps Peacevine cherry tom
                              Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 22-01-2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Great I am in then! I will grow a tomato of some sort, a herb that I can't remember the name of that begins with Q, and hopefully a pea and bean!

Will up date varieties once I have had a browse of seed I have to check how many I have and perhaps a wee look on a site or too!
                                http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X