X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the explanation

DFB - two varieties, eg. Aramis, Caruso, Jumbo, Tiefenbacher
    Toms - four varietes, eg. Plum Lemon, Ottos Papa, Popocatepetl, Lukullus, Purple Ukraine or others
    maybe a pepper, and a pea or broad bean, too - depending on harvest
    ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      Bit like a mini VSP?
      No. All the seeds will be sent out at the end of the year and the seeds are fresh from people's savings from 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
        Thanks for the explanation

Toms - four varietes, eg. Plum Lemon, Ottos Papa, Popocatepetl, Lukullus, Purple Ukraine or others
        maybe a pepper, and a pea or broad bean, too - depending on harvest
        What are/is DFB?

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          What are/is DFB?
          Dwarf French Beans, I would think.

Comment

It would be great to have some new seed savers in the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
              Tomatoes, Peppers, Black Hungarian chilli, and hopefully peas and beans depending on the weather.
              OOH now this I like, see, because some silly idiot - yes me - grew that Hungarian Black wotsit and couldn't save seed - so that's one I would like.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I would like to join in,but first have to wait and see,what is going to grow this year,that i can save seed from,
                A question please if i may,do chillies,sweet peppers,x polinate,i know beans are ok,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  do chillies,sweet peppers,x polinate,i know beans are ok,
                  chillies and sweet peppers do (I always grow one variety only because I'm too lazy to isolate )

French beans are okay, but runner beans and broad beans need to be isolated, too! if you grow more than one variety
                  Last edited by nellie-m; 19-01-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    Dwarf French Beans, I would think.
                    oops, yes indeed, sorry!
                    I thought DFB was a common abbreviation here as I read it on a number of seed packets I got from Grapes

Those four I got from G.Bohl's private seed archive to save from and send back, but I won't harvest anything for the kitchen from them (apart from a little tryout portion ) and so should have enough to share.

Comment

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
                      And now you've piqued my interest as I have not tried any of those beans. I might have to join in - I would hope to contribute some climbing French beans - although I didn't get a dang thing to save from last year's crop

Comment

We'd love to welcome you to a Circle Hazel, as you are a keen seed saver already.

Comment

I would like to join too but think my location rules me out...
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            We'd love to welcome you to a Circle Hazel, as you are a keen seed saver already.
                            Thanks, Zaz - despite last year's disappointments, I have some 2-year old beans to take to contribute to Ryton on the 27th, but although I know that I'll get some interesting bits & pieces in return, I'm really keen on some crimson flowered broadies (as mine are somewhat dilute!) and I'd be surprised if I find them there.

My challenge for Rob is for some canker-resistant-small-core parsnip seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                              I'm really keen on some crimson flowered broadies
                              I have those. If I get a good crop this year, I'll save enough for the Seed Circle. I'm guesstimating about 20 packets? It wouldn't be as many as 50 would it?
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

There's a packet of Crimson Flowered Broadies (T&M) in the VSP if you want some Hazel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X