This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Seed Parcel - new seeds - discussion

I've sold a fair few VSP seeds, and obviously all the cash will be used to buy more seeds! At the moment we have £32.20 and I am doing a seed swap at the weekend so there may be more to come.

Virtual Seed Parcel

We have little numbers of alliums, lettuces, beetroots, peas and beans, and brassicas.

We have loads of chillis, tomatoes, peppers, cucurbits and flowers.

I am loathe to spend too much on onions and leeks as they do go out of date quite quickly, so do people want me to buy a few varieties of lettuces, beetroots, peas, beans and brassicas and then add them to the VSP? Or do people want to maybe look at an online source and buy some rarer seeds that we can save from and use the savings to replenish next year? Or any other ideas please.
    Last edited by zazen999; 31-08-2012, 06:49 PM. Reason: counted up the cash!

A few thoughts:-

Presumably the peas and beans could come in from now on - mine are still green on the plant. (I know it's a swap so you won't get stuff in if there's nothing people want).

I expect now you've said you are short of certain seeds people will find some and send them in without wanting a swap (I'm running through my head now. Our local seed centre does the Franchie packets and there are more in those than I can ever use.)

I can see how you might set up a credit system although that is probably way too much extra work for you and moves away from the KISS principle.

I would have thought buy more unusal varieties, split the packet and we all try and save seed next year.

AND thanks a million for doing this whatever is decided.
    Last edited by marchogaeth; 31-08-2012, 11:29 AM.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Another vore for buying more unusual seeds and splitting the packets. I'll have some peas originally from the HSL to add to the parcel but I'm afraid no beans. Thanks again Zaz for all of your hard work.

Comment

Zaz how come the seeds that i sent in earlier on in the year didn't get listed?
        Last edited by Matt94; 31-08-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
          Zaz how come the seeds that i sent in earlier on in the year didn't get listed?
          They are probably in the pile that is going to Scarey - instead of listing them and then removing others, I just popped them in. I didn't have any VSP takers for a fair while so they were in the 'to be listed' tray.

I am sending a fair amount to Scarey who is going to start up the French VSP.

Comment

oh ok no probs

oh and i too would prefer the rarer, more unusual type of seed, oh and i too will probably send you some more pea seeds later on in the year (the crown and king tut pea seeds that i got from you earlier have been fab )
            Last edited by Matt94; 31-08-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Did you put your name on them Matt? I can check just to make sure I haven't missed anything...what did you send?

Comment

Im not sure if i put my name on them or not? - i can remeber me sending you toms (sunbaby, marmande anda few others) and peas (juno's and some more that i cant remember) and french beans

To be honest it was a mixed bag!

Comment

Yeah - they are in Scarey's bag...waiting for a nice trip to France.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    Yeah - they are in Scarey's bag...waiting for a nice trip to France.
                    Oooh, starting to get 'cited now, cheers Matt
                    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Anyway - ahem, enough about my lack of organisation - back on topic...

Comment

oh im glad you've found them zaz - anyway like you say back on topic lol

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Wyevale have a sale on - including franchi packs. I could just go and get 60 packs of non-regular stuff - I've seen what they have near us and there are loads of decent varieties.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              Wyevale have a sale on - including franchi packs. I could just go and get 60 packs of non-regular stuff - I've seen what they have near us and there are loads of decent varieties.
                              I'm cool with whatever you decide TBH, you're the one doing all the work. 60 packets of seeds just sounds amazing.
                              "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X