Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zaz, originally voted for an exotic circle. Thanks.

Comment

Done.

The message you have entered is too short...

Comment

Bumping......

Comment

Dont know why we cant just let the grapes do what they have been doing for the last two years? if they dont like a seed circle, they just don't join

Comment

Because it's a process of finding out what people want.

For example - we may well have started up a herbs circle but only 5 people want to do it - so it would have been a complete waste of time. If 2 drop out, then it would be a triangle not a circle. And we'd never have started an exotic one as no one would have thought it would be that popular.

I'm not sure why you keep making this point time and again. It's a process of consultation so that we know what people want - nobody is going to stop you from running a chilli circle if you want but this is about trying to find out how people want to do it this year.

We wouldn't even be doing circles if I hadn't started the first one off - if I'd started a poll asking people would you have been there saying 'I don't know why we are asking grapes this, why don't they just carry on doing the same as before?'.

So please - stop trying to derail a process of consultation. If you don't want to vote then don't. Simples.
            Last edited by zazen999; 03-02-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I've voted for toms and beans - both relatively easy I think to collect seed, and don't need isolating?
              I'd like to give it a go this year - though I failed last year even to keep enough tom seed for myself (oops)...
              thanks for asking
              S

Comment

Why vote in a poll if you change your mind later.
                I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Cos if you dont vote in the poll, (and get 25, or 20 votes) the circles dont run...so it's important to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by mcsee View Post
                    Why vote in a poll if you change your mind later.
                    Because it gives people a chance to make a considered opinion rather than just sign up for the first ones that are offered.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                      Cos if you dont vote in the poll, (and get 25, or 20 votes) the circles dont run...so it's important to vote.
                      They can run - but you will know from the start that it's going to be a smaller number, for example you might want to merge the toms and peppers to make it more worthwhile...

Comment

I'm not able to join the Circle, but from an observers view, it seems a ridiculous set up. Surely members can do their own Circles without polls, or have they had this option taken away from them.

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
                        Dont know why we cant just let the grapes do what they have been doing for the last two years? if they dont like a seed circle, they just don't join
                        This is sensible if it works.
                        I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

I'm not able to join the Circle, but from an observers view, it seems a ridiculous set up. Surely members can do their own Circles without polls, or have they had this option taken away from them.
                          It's ridiculous to ask people what they would want to do?

What an amazing world people live in, where they find out what people want to do through the mind reading powers that be. How would we have known what people were interested in without asking them?

We're trying to find out what people want to do so that the ones that are most popular can be run and the ones that are least popular can be merged into ones that are worthwhile [a circle needs to have about 16 people in it to make it worthwhile...4 people isn't a circle, it's just a swap]. Hence asking people beforehand what they want to do. Circles are a community thing, not an individual one - and so it makes sense to ask people to think about things before proceeding along one road that one individual might want when there might be better ways of managing things.

If you could let me know how exactly we find that out without asking them, then that would be grand.
                          Last edited by zazen999; 04-02-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

If it takes 16 people to make a Circle, then get the first 16 interested people (in the type of vegetable etc) to join and then there is a Circle ready to go. No mind reading powers needed and no polls.
                            I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

If it takes 16 people to make a Circle, then get the first 16 interested people (in the type of vegetable etc) to join and then there is a Circle ready to go. No mind reading powers needed and no polls.
                              With all due respect - I'm not starting 10 different circles. I'm starting ones that I know people want to join.

If we start all sorts and there aren't enough people to run, by the time that one doesn't run - the others are full and those people miss out.

Hence, asking people which ones they want to join and asking for ideas beforehand.
                              Last edited by zazen999; 04-02-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

These people are grown adults - I'm sure they are capable of making their own decisions on what they want.

From an outsider looking in - it seems that the Circles can't run without you telling them what to do.
                                I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X