This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
    can members tell me how many of each type of seed they are expecting?
    I am starting to save the seeds now, but I havn't a clue how many I need
    As long as people get [as FF says] 5 or 6 from each, which you can probably get from one or two toms - that should be enough for the group. I usually try to save from the earliest ones to encourage early toms - but only if the tom itself tastes fantastic.

Comment

Unfortunately I am going to have to pull out due to the lack of tomatoes this year....plenty of leaves...a few fruit earlier in June July, but that was it, then they all started to die off and I pulled the plants up today....

Comment

Not a problem, it happens to us all!

Comment

May I join if there is room?
          I can offer Polish Linguisa, Golden Sunrise, What i am told are minibel (the plants grow to about 8 inches tall) an unknown bush variety where the plant only grows to about 1.5-2.5 feet tall and tumbling tom
          Last edited by Leeds_lad; 24-09-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeds_lad View Post
            May I join if there is room?
            I can offer Polish Linguisa, Golden Sunrise, What i am told are minibel (the plants grow to about 8 inches tall) an unknown bush variety where the plant only grows to about 1.5-2.5 feet tall and tumbling tom
            Certainly, we have had a couple of people who have had to drop out for various reasons, so your very welcome

Comment

since this will be my first swap, may i ask what a recommended amount of seeds to send out would be? =)

Comment

Originally posted by Leeds_lad View Post
                since this will be my first swap, may i ask what a recommended amount of seeds to send out would be? =)
                This seems to be a unknown quantity.
                I would think a minumum of 5 per circle member, in case of germination problems, but if you have more, then the more the merrier

Comment

I've bagged up my seeds today. I did well with the Purple Cherokee but my original second choice of Hillbilly was rubbish this year (needs plenty of heat apparently) so I've chosen the Italian Cuore di Bue instead and very nice too!

I'll PM for the address to send to. Do we send them now or would you rather we wait so they're not lying around?

Comment

Can also get my stuff posted if people want to get the ball rolling =)

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post
                      hello db if you got space count me in i got
                      delicous
                      di giorgi
                      greater baltimore
                      burgess mammoth wonder
                      pineapple
                      heinz vf
                      j.t.d

these are all american seeds,
                      these were sent to me by another vine member who is trying to make some american seeds available to vine members, this seems like a good place to start, i have, 4 -6 of each to set away, hopefully i will get at least 2 good plants of each kind, but with a limited number of seeds cant guarantee what will be available. cheers Paul
                      Hi Paul - that would've been me how did yours go? I had varied success
                      Heinz, greater Baltimore and Delicious went brilliantly, the others so-so and Pineapple failed miserably
                      "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Gearoid View Post
                        Do we send them now or would you rather we wait so they're not lying around?
                        I have just got back from holiday, and found my leccy had tripped 2 weeks ago, and I have two fridge freezers full of mould (I knew I would get a good crop of something) so I am a bit snowed under at the moment, and dont want things coming in in dribs and drabs with a chance of getting mislaid.
                        Is everyone else still on track?

Comment

Does everyone realise that they have to send 15 seperate labled bags of each variety they are sending?

Comment

Ok, I'll keep them until we get the go ahead. Both nicely packed up into 15 different bags and tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
                              Does everyone realise that they have to send 15 seperate labled bags of each variety they are sending?
                              sure do =)

Comment

I'm also ready whenever you want them. I have German Lunchbox and Millefleur (because the Green Salad didn't do well).
                                Hill of Beans updated April 18th

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X