Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it seems the 2011 tomato circle was a success, so, lets try the 2012 one. please post if you would like to be part of of it.

One of the things I noticed about the 2011 circle was the amount of different varieties I ended up with as well as the bog standard croppers that I like eg Shirley, gardeners delight ect, and, short of buying another GH or 2, wont be able to use them all. So what do you think about limiting the varieties to one per member? or do you think that 2 is better? either way suits me, but its up to you.

Maybe Zazen999 could attach a poll to this post? I dunno if thats possible, if not, just post your opinions please
    Last edited by Davyburns; 13-01-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Davy
      The circle wont run unless you get 25 people to vote for it in the polls!

Comment

• Why 25? it ran ok last year with 16. Ok we finished with 11, but everyone got 23 different varieties for the cost of a stamp

Comment

• Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
          Why 25? it ran ok last year with 16. Ok we finished with 11, but everyone got 23 different varieties for the cost of a stamp
          Just a number out of a hat; with a 30% drop out rate; trying to get a decent number for the effort of doing it. Toms may have got 23 different varieties but others didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by northepaul View Post
            The circle wont run unless you get 25 people to vote for it in the polls!
            I can understand that other circle members may not think that their specific circle has not been worthwhile, but surely that choice shoul be left to the individual, and not be governed by an arbitrary number. If only 6 people want to start a seed circle, then surely they should be allowed to.

Comment

• I agree Davy, but it seems the powers that be, have decided this.

Comment

I can understand that other circle members may not think that their specific circle has not been worthwhile, but surely that choice shoul be left to the individual, and not be governed by an arbitrary number. If only 6 people want to start a seed circle, then surely they should be allowed to.
                Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                I agree Davy, but it seems the powers that be, have decided this.
                No - the powers that be are just trying to work out the best way forward. There are so many ideas that putting all these down in one place and people voting on it - well, it seemed a good idea at the time. Obviously it was a crazy thing to even suggest...

I don't see what the problem is with finding out what people want to actually do. My bad.
                Last edited by zazen999; 15-01-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

I don't see what the problem is with finding out what people want to actually do. My bad.
                  There most certainley isnt a problem with finding out what people want, and by expressing my view here, thats what I'm trying to do.

Comment

There most certainley isnt a problem with finding out what people want, and by expressing my view here, thats what I'm trying to do.
                    Me too!

Comment

• Zaz, dont want to harp on about it, but, wouldnt it be easier and better just to let the grapes themselves decide what circles they want to be in? The alternative is growing the same varieties year after year, or making people like T&M richer

Comment

• They are deciding - that's why there is a poll!

Comment

• Hi all.
                          It looks like we have the go-ahead, so I have started another thread for this year with the same name here
                          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eat_63689.html

Comment

• I've changed the name to the 10th circle - otherwise it gets a little confusing!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X