Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, should have said everyones seeds finally posted yesterday, so should be with you shortly

Bordigles, have pm'ed you.
    Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bordigles View Post
      PM sent.

I have the tall variety "Telephone" if you are interested.

Andy
      I grew some of them this year 6ft plus and crop well....jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

My seeds all arrived today, and thanks for sending other seeds for me to try -that was very kind of you. Can't wait for the new season now to try them!
        Have a very Happy Christmas and a productive New Year in 2010!
        Thanks again.
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Pea swap

Originally posted by poly View Post
          Earlier in the year I was lucky enough to have been given (by another grape) 4 types of pea that the HSL were trialling this year. I've also grown a couple of other types too this year.

I have followed HSL guidance on growing and harvesting and hope all is as it should be. As they are all tall types, I thought about 10 seeds per variety gives enough to have some to eat and some to save.

Lancashire lad tall purple podded pea with gorgeous pale pink and magenta flowers.

Hugh’s huge, very tall type, good cropper with white flowers

Alderman tall growing lovely tasting peas (this variety is still available comercially)

Simpson’s Special, this was lovely straight from the pod and cooked (but only once!)

Clarkes Betony Blue (tall type) with shorter purple pods, fat and full, again beautiful bi coloured flowers

Golden sweet (mange tout) originally bought from Real Seeds, tall, tasty yellow pods (not my favourite mange-tout to eat, but very beautiful to grow and pods are easy to see and pick)

Purple podded Good cropper, tall growing beautiful purple bi coloured flowers and purple pods

I don’t really need more seeds, but I love trying different varieties so I’d be interested in growing other heritage peas and/or beans or unusual tomatoes or chillies or anything a bit unusual really. Would like to swap, no probs if you don’t have anything, but a SAE would be welcome.
          I have been growing Epicure for a few years now, it is a tall variety reaching 6ft or more, good sweet peas, which taste good either as young peas or when mature.
          I would love to swap some seed for another tall variety

Comment

Sorry i haven't got back before but had to wait for a)my son to let me know they had arrived b) laptop not working properly,must be the heat out here.Anyway Poly many thanks the peas have safely landed.

Comment

Just catching up with this after the holidays, sorry I haven't got back to you Dabacus, if you are still about I have got a few peas spare.

I'm glad most of the peas seem to have arrived thanks for your pm's/posts, it's good to know things have arrived. Although I'm late sending one lot off today oops.
              Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X