This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomberries anyone?

We bought these teeny tiny toms at Sainsburys the other day. My OH loved them and was eating them like they were sweets, he said they are really tasty.

They are about the size of marbles and we decided to squidge a few to get some seeds and see if we could grow them. I have some to spare if anyone fancies some. Send a PM if you are interested. Prob got enough to send 5-6 peeps 10 or so seeds.

Ta
    Kirsty
    Kirsty b xx

Sounds fun, will pm you.
    Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

I saved some seeds from the tomberries in Sainsburys last year - I planted them in Feb, they are growing really well. Really small compared to my other tomato plants, but I guess that is expected! My daughter will sit and eat the whole punnet when I buy them and they are too expensive to keep buying!

Comment

Ooh, good to know they do grow and come true to seed. Got some in a propogator, waiting for them to come up.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Just bumping this to let ardroil, poly and tulip know that I have finally posted the seeds today (sorry for the delay)

Also, the ones that I put in the unheated propogator on the kitchen side have poked through, so it took roughly a week for them to come up. I would imagine that we look after them the same as we do toms in general.
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

I have tried this with the tiny plum toms that are on offer in aldi. So far they have not germinated - do they need to dry out for a season before I sow them?
            BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
            Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
              I have tried this with the tiny plum toms that are on offer in aldi. So far they have not germinated - do they need to dry out for a season before I sow them?
              I'm going to have a go with my Aldi ones tomorrow.

Shall stick them on a wet piece of kitchen paper in a tub under the sink, will let you know how I get on.

I did get some baby plums from Lidl too, they originated from Morocco, the Aldi ones from Israel. I thought the Lidl ones were fine until I tried the Lidl ones which are a lot tastier.
              Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Just found this re the Tomberry.

J Sainsbury plc - Media - News - Product news
                Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                  Just bumping this to let ardroil, poly and tulip know that I have finally posted the seeds today (sorry for the delay)
                  Hmm - you wouldn't have 3 or 4 seeds left, would you m'dear - I'm sorely tempted to try these!

If you have, pm me your addy so I can sen you an SAE.

Comment

And me too if you have any left? Never seen them on sale here.
                    If none left no worries, I shall just sulk like a spoilt child for several months.
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

If you have a Aldi near you, they have punnets of mini plum tom for 49p and they have a great flavour.
                      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

I have 3 seeds left from the tomberries I bought from sainsburys last year. My plants are growing away nicely - so I am happy to give the seeds to someone if Kirsty b does not have many left?

Comment

Many thanks Kirstyb, tomato seeds received today I'll be sowing them this afternoon and will let you know how they do.
                          Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Can you help a complete novice with the info on how to sew the seed from a tom I would love to have a go ?...

Comment

Hi,

It late but has anyone got any seeds left to swap? Sound tasty and would like to try.

Many thanks

Chell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X