X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tombberrie

many thanks Kirsty b,
    tomberries arrived and are now germinating - really looking forward to seeing the results. I sowed about half and they are coming up, and have eight seeds left, I don't know if the others that wanted them have some now?, if not, I could split and send on a few to each if wanted?

tulip
    Last edited by tulip; 17-05-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Have all the tomberries seeds gone?
      Donna

"You need to propagate to accumulate..."

Comment

Originally posted by 21again View Post
        I'm going to have a go with my Aldi ones tomorrow.

Shall stick them on a wet piece of kitchen paper in a tub under the sink, will let you know how I get on.

I did get some baby plums from Lidl too, they originated from Morocco, the Aldi ones from Israel. I thought the Lidl ones were fine until I tried the Lidl ones which are a lot tastier.
        My Aldi mini plums have all germinated - I have a few seeds if you would like Donna?
        BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
        Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Kirsty,
          Mine were in my postbox when I got home from work yesterday, many thanks. Not sure whether to get them in now, or leave them till next year. Oh decisions decisions.
          Thanks again, very kind.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

If anyone still wants some of these, I have some I can send out, you can just PM me if you'd like some!
            http://ecoprincess.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ecoprincess View Post
              If anyone still wants some of these, I have some I can send out, you can just PM me if you'd like some!
              Hi ecoprincess

i have PM'd you
              Cheers .... John

Web link to our Allotment website http://lawsonsallotment.btck.co.uk/

PS my plot is 9 shown on the Plot Holders Pictures

Comment

I have pm'd you too ecoprincess!
                I hate slugs!!

Comment

Hi Kirstyb,

I know I'm a bit slow in letting you know, but your Tomberries did really well and although I did not plant til a little late, they went on to produce loads of tiny toms right up to the frost. The ones I grew had huge trusses of tomatoes although fruit set was not brilliant. They were very tasty, sweet and tempting; I've saved seed again to grow out this again this year.

I'd be interested to hear how anyone else’s did?

Once again many thanks
                  Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

If you have any left ecoprincerss I would like to have a go I have some piccolo if youd like a swap. I'll pm you VAlerie

Comment

I would really love some of these if anyone has any seeds left? I can't work it out from the thread

Comment

Are these still available in the supermarkets?

I've searched on-line but haven't been able to find any.
                        Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Sorry if I've caused any confusion, this was originally posted nearly a year ago, perhaps I should have started a new post.

I have some spare seeds available if you want to try.

I've not seen them in the shops ChrisB.
                          Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

BUMP!
                            Hi
                            Just bumping this thread to see if anyone knows where you can still get these seeds, i have had a search online & really fancy giving them a try.
                            Thanks Folks

Comment

I've had a look and can't trace them. Do you think they've maybe been withdrawn while someone tinkers with them so the seeds can't be saved and sown?

If so, those who have seeds, be sure to save some!

Did those of you who grew the tomberries last year have much success?
                              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X