Fenugreek

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cazzy View Post
    I sowed 5 seeds the other day and they are already an inch high. I think I should have sown more though now that I've read this post again.

I had a picture in my mind of it growing 'bushy' but from what I've read here each seed will only produce one stalk, is that right?
    That has been my experience, Cazzy.
    Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Thanks, i'll throw some more in for good measure then.

Comment

Can anyone tell me please what the seeds look like. I inherited a tin of mixed seeds and there is a plastic packet in it with a handwritten bit of paper saying fenugreek. Do the seeds look like dried coffee? Just want to make sure.
        Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
          Can anyone tell me please what the seeds look like. I inherited a tin of mixed seeds and there is a plastic packet in it with a handwritten bit of paper saying fenugreek. Do the seeds look like dried coffee? Just want to make sure.
          Yeah thats exactly what they look like but more of a tan colour.

Comment

I love fenugreek - one of my favourite curry spices. It was the very first things I ever grew (because I had the seeds for a curry). It's a fab thing to try - easy to grow, and both the leaves and seeds are very useful ingredients.
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I love to eat sprouting fenugreek, it only takes a few days to grow and is great in sandwiches.

Comment

I put some seeds from my spice jar into water yesterday, hope they germinate, as I would love to grow some methi!

Comment

They do grow....got a plant down the bottom of the garden (used Bart Fenugreek so bogstandard shop-bought spice jar stuff) and its covered in pods. You can buy it as a green manure.

I have two small black mustard bushes grown from mustard seed from the local Indian store- both studded with pods.

You can grow most 'seed' spices - I have even got some chilli plants from sowing crushed chilli flakes!

I'm 22 and only into my 2nd season of growing BTW...lol

Comment

For making coffee substitute...

Just guessing, but how about crushing them to a powder in a pestle and mortar (or coffee grinder) and pouring on hot water?

For roasted, put some seeds on a tray and put in heated oven, and then grind?

Just ideas.
                    Last edited by Lagoonboy; 02-04-2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Coffee substitute - with fenugreek? Are you on the right page Lagoonboy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X