How many Sorrel plants per container?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Sorrel plants per container?

I have a 35cm square container that I would like to grow sorrel in. They are at the seedling stage with two true leaves at the moment. How many plants should I put in the container?

my sorrel is out in the garden and it has grown quite extensively ... i think it started as one plant ...but its years old now....try 4? You can always move them on if thats too many ...and if its not enough ...just wait...it will be..................
    (this advice comes from NO knowledge whatsoever just experience of one plant in one garden....)
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

On home ground: sorrel - Telegraph

^ although I have a huge sorrel in my alkaline soil and it's thriving, it's a huge beast
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Good to hear it can get so big! How long do they take to get to such a size? I might just plant loads and then thin it out to one plant.

Comment

Ooo I fancy some sorrel now!

Comment

alldigging, I have only tasted cooked sorrel in a sauce at a restaurant, so very much looking forward to trying them fresh!

Comment

Originally posted by GardenNinja View Post
              How long do they take to get to such a size?
              two years?
              Mine's been in the ground 5 years now. Apart from a few nibble in early spring when it appears, I don't eat it. It goes to seed really quickly when it's warm, so I spend most of summer shearing it down to the ground, because I don't want it seeding every where
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X