Parsley

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I know how to grow basil, I just can't do it :P Last year I got the plants to 6" high, then they got covered in aphids and died
    keep trying, I think I've finally grown carrots of an edible size
    only took 7 years....
    Last edited by taff; 23-06-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I've never had any problems with parsley. Basil, on the other hand, I just can't grow
      Me neither. basil does ok for me in the greenhouse but never managed to get it to germinate outside. Too cold up here.

Comment

I've never had any problems with parsley. Basil, on the other hand, I just can't grow
        I have never had any problem with basil, I have grown it well in a greenhouse, but I have managed to grow it outside as well, although it was slower to germinate outdoors.

Maybe your basil had too much water or not enough light.

However, I have had problems with sage and mint.
        Last edited by Nick Blair; 24-06-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Blair View Post
          I have never had any problem with basil, I have grown it well in a greenhouse, but I have managed to grow it outside as well, although it was slower to germinate outdoors.

Maybe your basil had too much water or not enough light.

However, I have had problems with sage and mint.
          How can you have problems with mint? The bladdy stuff is a weed.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            It might be in your garden, but it refuses to grow in mine. I'm trying some pots and a bucket that I've propagated from an earthenware bowl full bought for me by my MIL last year. I used to grow lots of different types when I had my herb garden (before the veg), but for some reason it doesn't like me now.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              It might be in your garden, but it refuses to grow in mine. I'm trying some pots and a bucket that I've propagated from an earthenware bowl full bought for me by my MIL last year. I used to grow lots of different types when I had my herb garden (before the veg), but for some reason it doesn't like me now.
              Needs to be cool and moist Flo.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                Well I did, or maybe I had mistaken it for a weed. Its actually one of my favorites, I like mint tea.

Comment

Mint doesn't like our garden either - it's wet in winter and in a normal summer dries out completely. We've at long last managed to get some to overwinter by planting it so that its' roots go beneath the pond liner.

Comment

I didn't know what I was doing when I planted my first parsley seed, so I planted half the seed in a trough and left it outside, I still feed and water and its come on alright, I then planted the rest of the seed in big plant pots and left them in the greenhouse, and again I water and feed, and they also grew, but, the seed that I left to grow outside has done a lot better than the seed I grew in the greenhouse, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattie-muncher View Post
                      any ideas?
                      maybe just a bit more moisture outside. I've grown a few rows of the stuff outside, not because I like to use it in the kitchen but because it makes a lovely bed of garnish for exhibition spuds. It is really slow to germinate sometimes which is a real pain because it can get overtaken by weeds before it gets going but generally speaking, I don't have a problem.

Comment

The wife needed to go shopping today, so I thought I'd tag along, she went to Morrisons, and the are doing a wonderful special at the moment, well it depends on how you look at it, its either, £3 for a packet of parsley seed with a free tub of butter, or, its £3 for a tub of butter with a free packet of parsley seed, what a deal.

Comment

I had some basil with htem. It only needs an espresso sized coffe pot. I stuck it in an old yoghurt pot instead, let it germinate, then gave it away...a friend got some dill with theirs.

Comment

How long can I safely leave the Parsley in the pots, the wife was aksing if she could freeze it, I told her its best left in the pot till she needs it, but, as sual, I'm doing as I'm told, (I know MY place), plus, I hate the sight of blood, my own, so, please, some help on the keeping and storage of Parsley.

Comment

yes you can freeze it, chop it fine and either mix with a little bit of water or oil and put in ice cube trays, or chop and put in bags. I prefer mine with oil.

Comment

I leave mine in frost hardy terracotta pots outside - I have never killed parsley yet.
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X