Parsley

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsley

How the heck do you get it to germinate???
    http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

I just sprinkle it over MPC and then cover with a thin layer of MPC, water and wait. Or.. I have soaked the seeds in water over night and then sown them as above.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I water mine with warm water when I sow the seeds.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Pretty much the same as Bren, but I water the compost with warm water, sow the seed on top and then a sprinkle of dry compost.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Ok will try again with warm water! keep your fingers crossed for me guys! x
          http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            I water the compost with warm water, sow the seed on top and then a sprinkle of dry compost.
            This and put in a heated propagator.

Comment

No problems here, but I do wear the pants in the family
              Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Heh, was going to recommend a good pair of trousers meself.

I found that it germinated fine if it self seeded from an older plant. Otherwise I plant it in my containers in the top of a sealed plastic blowaway - the high humidity and direct sun fries the seeds nicely (though keeping it watered is a pain if it's weirdly sunny like it was this year) until they germinate, then I put them outside before the seedlings boil.
                Last edited by Rabidbun; 30-05-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I water mine with warm water when I sow the seeds.

Comment

I must just be lucky! My first year of GYO (or any gardening) just put in MPC and watered and about 50% germinated and is doing great. Apologies, not much help to you jackyspratty, but hopefully my luck continues.

Comment

I've never had any problems with parsley. Basil, on the other hand, I just can't grow
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I moisten the compost, sow the seeds and then pour boiling water over them. I don't know if it makes much difference, it still takes ages to germinate.

Can't grow Basil either, I've managed to get just one pathetically weedy seedling from a whole packet. Don't seem to be having much luck with Coriander this year either

Comment

basil - damp compost, scatter seeds, scatter very light dusting of compost. Keep damp, and warm. Then when you have big chunks of seedlings, take them out of the pot, roughly divide them, and put in more pots.

Comment

I know how to grow basil, I just can't do it :P Last year I got the plants to 6" high, then they got covered in aphids and died
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I must be lucky.. I've never had issues with herbs.. (did have issues with rosemary, but then tried it how I do it now and it germinates fine - just takes a long time).

I put some MPC in a pot, water it and put seeds on top - that's it (in a cold greenhouse). As soon as they've germinated I move them out if they don't need to be in the greenhouse..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X