No announcement yet.

Parsley bed and self seeded parsley

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My French parsley has just come back to life and is throwing out new leaves, silly daft thing (unless it really IS spring now).
    I had to resow it, because my "self-seeding" ones didn't: loads of seeds thrown around, but nothing came of it.

My curly parsley is still standing since it was sowed there in the summer
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Excellent thread, old but exactly what I was looking for! My parsley is succeeding for the first time so I'm looking forward to a giant patch for many years to come by simply... Letting it be. Except for guzzling it of course

Comment

Yes, just let it do its thing. I have my beloved "driveway flat leaf" parsley which has been self perpetuating for a few years now, though I'm trying to relocate it somewhere more suitable. Will leave seedlings in the drive this year though in case it doesn't take where I want it to!
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Yes echo re good thread. Was just looking at my seed packet of parsley...says to sow any month so will get on with it. Also love the idea of asparagus bed companion planting....

Comment

Originally posted by mrsbusy View Post
            .....says to sow any month so will get on with it....
            You can sow any month for indoors, this isn't the case for outside parsley. If you want to sow a patch, or indeed a very large pot I would wait a few months. You can sow it on the windowsill but yoy'll need windowsil space for tomatoes.

Comment

Some good ideas in this old thread--growing Coriander and/or parsley in a Asparagus bed.
              I was wondering what to do with 31 pots of Coriander that I have just potted on to 3" pots & Parsley that is just starting to show in the greenhouse.
              Any comments ?
              Feed the soil, not the plants.
              (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
              Bob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X