No announcement yet.

Herb Teas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Dr Stuart's herbal teas? Can anyone actually swallow them? They ALL smell and taste like rotting socks...I've got a Skin Purify one on the go, but have had to mix it with Blackcurrant to get it down
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I tried the Elderflower and Lemon but it was too sacchariny for me. I think that was the sweet cicely or something. I tried another one before which was actually quite nice but I can't remember which one it was. Doh!
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Herbaholic's Wake Up Herb Tea

Herbaholic's Wake Up Tea

2 Tbspn Lemon Verbena
        1 Tbspn Lemon Balm
        1 Tbspn Lemon Thyme
        1 Tbspn Spearmint

Put all the dried herbs into a teapot big enough for 4 cups and pour on boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes and strain into a cup sweeten with honey if you like, my favourite is borage honey. You can use dried herbs for this tea if prefer, subsitute teaspoons of dried for the tablespoons of fresh.

Lavender blossom and lemon verbena is a nice combination as well, you can't beat fresh herbs for taste, except when it comes to something like sage, which I find always smells and tastes better dried

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          ah, fennel.
          2 years ago I had a packet on which I'd written 'Verbena Bonariensis', and sprinkled it around my plot. Turned out to be bronze fennel, now it comes up everywhere like a weed. Gurt big tap roots too, worse than dock. Anyone want some?!
          If the offer is still there- then yes please 2sheds!!!! ( I bet I can kill it off for you!!!!! )
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X