No announcement yet.

Herbs to use in teas/infusions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St John's Wort hasn't been mentioned. Lovely plant with yellow flowers and a great tea for mild anxiety. Careful if you are prone to hypertension (high blood pressure) though.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Stem lettuce leaves make a great tea. A much more useful output of this plant than the stems IMHO, which go straight from being too tiny to bother with to being stringy even when peeled.

Comment

Has to be Chamomile for me, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          I have a feeling you should steer clear of rasp leaves when pregnant (last of my worries!)
          In fact I would check on ANYTHING if I were, or attempting to be, in that blessed state.
          I think it is the first trimester when raspberry leaf tea might be ill-advised and later on it's fine. But yes, definitely check first and double-check!

Comment

A really nutritious, plentiful and all round herb is the much maligned nettle.
            It is packed with iron, and drinking it helps those with eczema, asthma, and hayfever. Emotionally, it is calming, grounding and strengthening. Roman soldiers used to rub it onto their skin to help with arthritis and to keep warm as it stimulates the blood flow. I could go on, but worth doing your own research and seeing what you can find out.
            Using scissors and gloves, carefully snip off the top four leaves. This will also encourage the plant to put on more leaves, keeping you in a good supply of nettles over the growing season. They may also be dried.

Comment

Chamomile or lemon verbena for me, but with a little dollop of honey (sweet tooth!).
              Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jono View Post
                Chamomile or lemon verbena for me, but with a little dollop of honey (sweet tooth!).
                Hmm that reminds me, I dried some lemon verbena leaves...

Comment

Originally posted by elleme View Post
                  I think it is the first trimester when raspberry leaf tea might be ill-advised and later on it's fine. But yes, definitely check first and double-check!
                  In bygone days Raspberry Leaf was used to induce the termination of pregnancies, so I really wouldn't recommend it for ladies expecting a happy event.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X