Saving a potted rosemary?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twinkle View Post
    mine's looking a bit brown after the rather severe winter - reckon I should just prune it back and hope ?
    Can always get another, I'm just quite attached to this one as it came from our old house with us.
    It will recover, almost certainly, if you do that. They are very hardy. But why bother 'getting another'? Just take a cutting or two off it and you have the next generation to get attached to.
    Last edited by sarraceniac; 19-03-2010, 03:38 PM.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
      It will recover, almost certainly, if you do that. They are very hardy. But why bother 'getting another'? Just take a cutting or two off it and you have the next generation to get attached to.
      have nipped off a few shoots for cuttings but the stem looks a bit...um...dead-ish

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkle View Post
        have nipped off a few shoots for cuttings but the stem looks a bit...um...dead-ish
        I must admit I have never yet met a Rosemary which looks like it put the fun in funeral, especially a few years old one at this time of year. People keep posting that cuttings are sooooo easy. But, again, I must admit to only having 100% success rate with cuttings taken in high summer. At this time of year they are a bit 'um....deadish'.
        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
        >
        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I have a rosemary in a pot and it has flowers on it now as I speak. it has been out in the open all the winter.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X