Mint!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint!!!

I have read on the internet that mint are suppost to drop its leaves. In london i would suspect it too be a bit later than the rest of the country because it is a city and is south of england. However we have a had a lot of snow and it just keeps on coming with temputures below 0 degrees. It still hasnt dropped it leaves and is still spreading. It is a pineapple mint an i am really confused
    Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

My Chocolate Mint has dropped its leaves, but I dont know about or grow Pineapple Mint.

Comment

This is what my pineapple mint looks like at the moment. I'm in Ipswich and we had about 5 " of snow over last weekend. all my mints are outside, many of them were buried in snow for about 7 days and some were just exposed to the other elements. None of them seem to have suffered, despite being completely waterlogged and frozen/refrozen a few times.

None of them have lost any leaves recently, although they did show a fair bit of dieback in the autumn.

Also my strawberries all show no signs of feeling ill despite the weather, and i think the frost will even have killed the last of the caterpillars that have been strategically hiding in the leaves. Score.

I also got given a calamondin for christmas, there's no relevance to this thread, i just wanted to show off.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for that then, my mint is fairly new so i wonder if it is a new hardy vareiety then
        Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjed View Post
          my mints are outside, many of them were buried in snow for about 7 days
          Snow is actually a very good insulator - kind of like a duvet
          Hard sharp frosts are nastier
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I think you would be extremely unlucky to lose your pineapple mint; virtually all mints are as hardy as old boots and new growth should appear just as soon as the weather warms up.
            Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

Pineapple mint rarely drops its leaves, I've got loads of the stuff. Just took cuttings last week which are rooting in water.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X