Yellowing parsley - help!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowing parsley - help!

Been growing a washing up bowl full of parsley this year and while it thrived initially it is now looking a little yellow with around half of the leaves in this state and the rest looking pale green.

Does anyone know if this would be due to some sort of nutrient deficiency (and if so what to feed it) or due to some other reason?

Hope someone can help as I don't want to lose the crop!

How deep is the container?Parsley is a tap root so it needs quite a deep one.Parsley from the supermarket are grown for leaves so they have underdeveloped roots.

Comment

My answer to any herbs that go a bit off colour is a big chop back and a seaweed feed.

Comment

Zazen,I was chopping off the parsley a bit too much last year.I was eating it faster than it could grow

Comment

Will give it a seaweed feed tonight then, thanks Zazen!

The bowl is only around four or five inches deep Coreopsis.

Wonder if I should clear out some lettuces and put it in the ground rather than the bowl as well then - it's great having it close to the house but would only be another four metres to walk to pick, lol.

In retrospect I probably should have made one of my three square raised beds solely for herbs - I've ended up with soooo many pots the hubby pales at the thought of helping with the watering!

Cheers both!

Comment

It's probably just short of water Rapidbun. I would plant it in the ground.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X