No announcement yet.

Wild Garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel tempted to dig up a bit of wild garlic from nearby woodland. I like the idea of having "wild garlic" that really is wild. However, if too many people were to do it, it would destroy the garlic and ruin it for everybody, so I think my conscience will get the better of me.

Comment

I sowed some WG seeds in oct and just 2 tiny grass like sprouts have appeared? is this it untill Spring? it said on the pack sow in Autumn, could i try sowing again, or have I missed my window of opportunity? thank you

Comment

Maybe grow it in a pot? I know its quite prolific when it gets going!

Comment

I would like some Wild Garlic, but will heed the advice about putting it in a pot!

I saved some seeds from my mum's old house and if they fail i will be helping myself to a few roots from a nearby location that is stinking with it in the spring (I love the smell ).
          Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Hi all, i have a large patch with terrible earth, scrapings from old bonfire, clay etc - any chance of someone letting me have some WG for it i am happy to send an SAPE (stamped addressed padded envelope)
            would be fantastic, i remember eating it raw from the ground as a child growing up ( along with worms, mud pies the odd cricket!!!)

Comment

I've just PM'd you
              Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Would love a few too if poss !
                You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Helo, I am trying to control my wild garlic...It's like a weed. It is up and about now. I am in Bournemouth. Henry

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X