Q&A Jekka McVicar

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A Jekka McVicar

Hi guys! Nice to e-meet you all. I'm George, the new content writer at Grow Your Own. I wanted to come onto the forum for a chat as we have been given a fantastic opportunity to put some questions to herb expert, Jekka McVicar. We thought it would be great to pass on some questions directly from readers...

So, what would you like to ask Jekka? Let me know. The best questions will be answered by Jekka and appear on our blog.

(For anyone who doesn't know Jekka, she famously appeared as Jamie Oliver's 'Queen of Herbs' and is a real expert in the field. Take a look at these videos for more info... 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxTW0xjpVAA 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwVzI-897Y )

Thanks!
    George
    Last edited by George Storr; 28-01-2021, 11:59 AM.

Hi George and welcome to the mad house, can I ask if she can recommend something for the North East of Scotland that's a little bit different that suits coastal sandy soil? I have a cold greenhouse if it needs some shelter from the frost.

Comment

Great question, thanks!

Comment

Hi, whenever I've tried to grow coriander it's run to seed immediately, but I want to harvest the leaves. I've given up! Where am I going wrong?
        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

^^^ on the subject of coriander - I understand there are a couple of different types - some grown for seed and others for leaves. Are they interchangeable or do they vastly differ?
          If so, is there a variety which is good for both?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks guys, great questions Keep them coming! We're looking forward to seeing what Jekka has to say about these!

Comment

There are lots of different types of basil. Are there any that are easier to grow than others?

Comment

I have a question - I've tried to grow chamomile flowers for tea for a few years. However it is bitter and unpleasant, unlike shop bought chamomile tea, which was a surprise to me. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Thanks for your responses all, we'll get as many of these answered by Jekka as we can. Thank you!

Comment

Could you post the answers on here too George?

Comment

Hi Nicos. Yes, when we hear back from Jekka I will post a link to the blog post - with all the answers - on here. I'll pass that on as soon as we have it. Thanks all!

Comment

Hi all! Sorry this took such a long time. There was a lot of back and forth and the delays were beyond our control. Take a look here though, Jekka has answered all your questions and some of ours! Link below...

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/bl...tions-answered

Comment

Thanks for that!
                          Interesting questions and responses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X