Mint

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint

I have 3 or 4 different types and I'm just eating a Bendicks mint and it set me thinking, I only use my Mint for cooking peas and tatties, what else can we do with it. Ice cream or Sorbet is something I'd like to try making using fresh mint, but no idea how you would do it, any ideas?

I haven’t tried it myself yet, but have seen a couple of sorbet recipes I fancied trying in the summer... Boil the mint in with the sugar syrup, then discard the mint leaves before freezing.https://www.asdagoodliving.co.uk/foo...on-mint-sorbet

Not sure how you’d do it with icecream - maybe boil lots of mintleaves in small volume of sugar syrup, to make a concentrated mint syrup ??

Comment

I like mint teas they're refreshing in summer, other than that I use mint to make a raita when we have curry. It's really just yoghurt, cucumber, mint, and spices I use cumin and sometimes add sliced spring onions.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Some great ideas, thanks, once it's growing I will try some, though when I tried Mint as a tea, it just tasted like tattie water, I obviously did something wrong.

Comment

Mint sauce or mint jelly.
          You need a big patch of mint.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Lovely freshly shredded in a wrap with either chicken/turkey or lamb drizzled with lemon juice with salad and a big dollop of yogurt.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
              Some great ideas, thanks, once it's growing I will try some, though when I tried Mint as a tea, it just tasted like tattie water, I obviously did something wrong.
              Did you quickly scrunch up the leaves before pouring on boiled water?
              Did you put enough leaves in?(8-10 per person)
              Did you leave it long enough to seep?(up to 5 mins is generally long enough)
              A small amount of honey seems to lift the flavour too....

Comment

Thats how I make my mint tea Nicos it does need a fair time to brew.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  So that's where I went wrong then........................................

Comment

It’s wonderful too if left to chill in the fridge and served with ice cubes in the summer !

Comment

When we had a holiday in Turkey we had loads of mint tea, it was most refreshing, I'll do some experiments later.

Comment

Try freezing the odd small leaf in ice cubes too ( cooled , boiled gives clearer ice) maybe with a raspberry...
                        so pretty in a cold summer drink

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          I don't bother taking the leaves out.

Black peppermint is my favourite for tea.
                          Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                          By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                          While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                          At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Black peppermint sounds nice ....i always manage to kill mint.

Comment

Do you like middle Eastern food?
                              tabbouleh salad, or pop some chicken on the BBQ with an olive oil/lemon juice/mint/chilli marinade ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X