Growing coriander.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing coriander.

Our newfound love of curries is constantly expanding. As I was grabbing a little pot of coriander in the supermarket yesterday I wondered about growing my own.
    Does anyone grow it? Is it easy? Can it be grown all year? Before I bung some seeds randomly in the allotment any tips?

It bolts very easily over midsummer, although if you want seeds that's not too much an issue.
    Otherwise, I think it's fairly easily. I've never technically grown it on purpose, but it made up a large proportion of a packet of mixed salad leaves I bought from Wilko once, and loads germinated and grew very well from a summer sowing, lasting on my patio in a pot until about April the next year.

Comment

I have split up a pot of parsley bought from Aldi.
      They have started growing well.
      Those pots are a good source of plants for growing on.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

I’ve grown it in the past it was quick to germinate but like as ameno says it easily bolts the leaves were still useable in in curries and naan breads. So I didn’t really mind it going to seed.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sow early spring and now. We just broadcast the seed and rake in. When the stems are long enough, harvest at random to keep the plants going and freeze any surplus. The frozen bags of leaves/stems can be crunched up while still frozen and dropped straight into your curry shortly before serving.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My daughter grew it this year.
            The plant went to seed but she harvested and dried them to save to put in curries.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X