Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Now who's nuts??
    haha I'm not even going to try black cardamom, however much I love that flavour... but star anise... I'm rummaging in the kitchen as we speak!! And I was always nuts haha
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

OK, lemongrass. That was going to be my experiment for this year. Can you give me some advice, VC? I'd better add there is no such thing as a sunny windowsill in this house: it was built to keep the sun out.

Comment

I bought some yellow stickered lemon grass from the shop. It has to have the stem base intact (not pruned off) and the leaves to be green and firm - not withered and dry.
        Stick them in a glass of water, just covering the base and forget about them. Top up the water/change it if smelly and wait for the little roots to grow from the base (bit like spring onions).
        My flower pot had about 8 plants in it but some dried up and have been pulled out.
        I've done this several times and overwintered them somewhere dry.
        Its easy if you can get the lemon grass to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Now who's nuts??
          Oh, you're totally stark staring bonkers. But that;s the way we like you.

So where are you going to grow Cloves? Coconut? Cinnamon? Allspice?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
            Oh, you're totally stark staring bonkers. But that;s the way we like you.

So where are you going to grow Cloves? Coconut? Cinnamon? Allspice?
            Oh here we go, she'll be off again!! LOL
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Found a source for Saffron crocus bulbs, but as they are a late summer flowering plant I'll order them in the new year. As we don't always get much of a summer I think I will grow them in a container, that way I can move them in and out of the greenhouse, despite them being hardy, I reckon they'll need all the help they can get.

Comment

^As much as anything, in your location, keep them in the greenhouse to keep them dry. They don't like much water... Cold won't bother them at all, though.

And thanks for the advice, VC. I'll buy some in Sainsbury's next time I'm back.

Anyone tried growing curry leaves?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X